Conclusive proof that Duke fans... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Conclusive proof that Duke fans...

I would like a Fairway up here. Dewitt Wegmans is tough to top. Some of the others not so much.

I would like a Fairway up here. Dewitt Wegmans is tough to top. Some of the others not so much.

Yes I agree, not all Wegman’s are created equally. Their superstores are amazing though.

In NYC area, it really is.

Much better options.

Go to other areas of the country and Wegmans is a rock star.

As an example, my butcher has dry-aged ribeyes. Ain’t getting that at Wegmans.
Wegmans offers dry aged steaks. Strip, tenderloin and ribeye.

nascar

nascar race in virginia today postponed becuz of snow.
I am first traveling to DC on April 6 and thanks to the northeastern, the cherry blossoms will be peaking that weekend. Hah! Thank you, Mother Nature’s snow.

Much better options.

Wegmans offers dry aged steaks. Strip, tenderloin and ribeye.

Yes, the better Wegmans stores carry dry aged steaks.

Always went there when visiting relatives down south for decades and watched them morph more and more into Wegman’s wannabees each visit. They are very good compared to the rest because there isn’t a Wegman’s around.
Down in Orlando on vacation. I agree. Publix is by far the best supermarket down here but it isn’t at the same level as Wegman’s.
Display cases haven’t been cleaned in days. Bathrooms are a mess. They don’t even try to do a food court and there is little in the way of hot food available. Don’t see the variety of choices available here either.

On the positive side, the produce looks Wegman’s level and their sandwiches are a similar high quality (Wegman’s apparently learned that from DiBella’s). The associates are well trained and customer focused, like Wegman’s. And they have A2 milk available, something Wegman’s continues to drop the ball on.

Publix is very good but they have work to do to get to the next level.

had to google A2 milk. i spend time here and there. meat and milk. flora or fauna. nothing in florida like wegmans. kraft macaroni vs homemade. and i do like kraft. but it's not the same.

A real good Publix or Safeway is close enough to Wegmans for me. I'm not too concerned about bathrooms or grabbing a meal at the grocery store. Some locations are way better than others like Wegmans. In Tampa we have a ton of Winn Dixies that are complete garbage and then there is 1 random location that is an absolute treasure.

A real good Publix or Safeway is close enough to Wegmans for me. I'm not too concerned about bathrooms or grabbing a meal at the grocery store. Some locations are way better than others like Wegmans. In Tampa we have a ton of Winn Dixies that are complete garbage and then there is 1 random location that is an absolute treasure.

The problem is that these other chains aren’t innovative - Wegman’s is great figuring out new tweaks like Mexican, Mediterranean, Chinese etc bars, eating in options, mini sub stores, now even offering wine etc. Publix etc are good copying Wegman’s innovations but after the fact.

I don’t always go to my closest Wegman’s because they don’t always have my everyday preferences at the best prices. (Lack many sugar free option products at my closest Wegman’s for example).

The problem is that these other chains aren’t innovative - Wegman’s is great figuring out new tweaks like Mexican, Mediterranean, Chinese etc bars, eating in options, mini sub stores, now even offering wine etc. Publix etc are good copying Wegman’s innovations but after the fact.

I don’t always go to my closest Wegman’s because they don’t always have my everyday preferences at the best prices. (Lack many sugar free option products at my closest Wegman’s for example).

Publix has had wine for at least a decade.

Publix has had wine for at least a decade.

I wasn’t clear, so has Wegman’s but they have also been serving wine and beer in their food court and cafes for years in certain stores (not all of them).

Wegmans is a necessary evil - their greed has no limit.

Over the past 10 years they’ve squeezed out name brand products for nearly everything to push their private label version.

It’s now to the point that there are few non-Wegmans options to purchase for many products.

If Tops wasn’t crap (and bankrupt) and Trader Joe’s wasn’t largely useless for produce I would shop elsewhere.

I’ve been playing Scrabble with my dive friends for about 5 years. We have played everywhere but especially come back to Wegmans DeWitt because of the spacious eat in area that is perfect for a group of raucous people. Wegmans is really functioningi like a community center in east Syracuse. Students, old people, kids, etc. playing games, doing homework projects. Sometimes there’s live music and people dance. I LOVE it and am not intimidated by the size. And they serve wine and beer and ice cream cones! They have SU gear. What’s not to like?

What's not to like ... moving out name brand products for the substandard Wegman's brand; poor quality meats -- will not buy meat at Wegman's, period; produce that goes bad much too fast; their prepared foods are not healthy -- way too much salt; and their prices are too high. I still shop there because the Wegmans in Dewitt is 2 minutes away but they are overrated.

Much better options.

Bristol Farms in Southern California. Same basic idea.

Well now duke fans have plenty of time to ponder their supermarket rankings.

I wasn’t clear, so has Wegman’s but they have also been serving wine and beer in their food court and cafes for years in certain stores (not all of them).

Wegmans didn’t have wine in 2012, came to visit and when I searched the store for an hour I finally asked and they said none of them do. I’m sure they do now but they didn’t for a long time.

I remember when they used to have a liquor store next to the main grocery stores back in the day.

Down in Orlando on vacation. I agree. Publix is by far the best supermarket down here but it isn’t at the same level as Wegman’s.
Display cases haven’t been cleaned in days. Bathrooms are a mess. They don’t even try to do a food court and there is little in the way of hot food available. Don’t see the variety of choices available here either.

On the positive side, the produce looks Wegman’s level and their sandwiches are a similar high quality (Wegman’s apparently learned that from DiBella’s). The associates are well trained and customer focused, like Wegman’s. And they have A2 milk available, something Wegman’s continues to drop the ball on.

Publix is very good but they have work to do to get to the next level.
People in Florida swear Publix subs are the best, but I could not disagree more. Pre-cut, bagged veggies, and the bread is not fresh. It's honestly Subway level to me. A Wegman's sub is leaps and bounds better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom