Conclusive proof that Duke fans... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Conclusive proof that Duke fans...

So if you were forced to give one up, would you give up Wegmans or SU Hoops?

:rolling:

I wasn’t clear, so has Wegman’s but they have also been serving wine and beer in their food court and cafes for years in certain stores (not all of them).

I don't really understand folks that want to have drinks and eat a meal in a grocery store. I guess its nice to have the option if you'd like, but I can't imagine ever planning to go to Wegmans for dinner and a drink. The to go options available to me when I was single and living in Buffalo were nice in being able to just get dinner for 1 on certain nights, but I would definitely think people were weird if I saw them sitting at Wegmans having drinks.

People in Florida swear Publix subs are the best, but I could not disagree more. Pre-cut, bagged veggies, and the bread is not fresh. It's honestly Subway level to me. A Wegman's sub is leaps and bounds better.

I just moved here and had to try it for myself after hearing all of the people go on and on about it. They are fine, they are absolutely nothing like Subway, a large has about 3 times the filling of a Subway sub and is wayyyy better. If you've only had 1 then maybe you got hosed in some manner, but I've had a handful at this point and none were anything close to what you are describing. If Wegmans is a 9/10, then Publix is a solid 7.5 or 8.

Wegmans didn’t have wine in 2012, came to visit and when I searched the store for an hour I finally asked and they said none of them do. I’m sure they do now but they didn’t for a long time.

I remember when they used to have a liquor store next to the main grocery stores back in the day.

I miss living in California so much, could get beer, wine and liquor together everywhere. Florida is the same as NY where they can't sell liquor in the same place and have the connected liquor stores like you say.

I miss living in California so much, could get beer, wine and liquor together everywhere. Florida is the same as NY where they can't sell liquor in the same place and have the connected liquor stores like you say.

You can come visit anytime. As you must recall, the pizza and bagels couldn't be worse but we are pretty civilized out here.

There are only a few things in life more fun than getting people from CNY (and especially Rochester-area) fired up about Wegman's. Love it.

I've lived near Wegman's for only a few years of my life. I never miss it. When I'm there, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I think they've got you all hooked on drugs in their air handling units or something...

There are only a few things in life more fun than getting people from CNY (and especially Rochester-area) fired up about Wegman's. Love it.

I've lived near Wegman's for only a few years of my life. I never miss it. When I'm there, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I think they've got you all hooked on drugs in their air handling units or something...

There may be something to this. I used to work at a car dealership in Rochester and Danny Wegman came in regularly. Never fully trusted him, even though he was likeable and I certainly respect what he has accomplished. His dad was an old-school grocery genius who I met at the Brockport store when I worked there WAY back in the day.

Wouldn't put it past them to pipe something into the air in their stores to make the experience more enjoyable!

Wegmans is a necessary evil - their greed has no limit.

Over the past 10 years they’ve squeezed out name brand products for nearly everything to push their private label version.

It’s now to the point that there are few non-Wegmans options to purchase for many products.

If Tops wasn’t crap (and bankrupt) and Trader Joe’s wasn’t largely useless for produce I would shop elsewhere.
IMO, the quality of most Wegmans brand items is right up there with the name brands.

Wegmans didn’t have wine in 2012, came to visit and when I searched the store for an hour I finally asked and they said none of them do. I’m sure they do now but they didn’t for a long time.

I remember when they used to have a liquor store next to the main grocery stores back in the day.
They only serve wine. It is not available to purchase in bottles. It’s a NY State thing, is it not?

Wegmans and Safeway are not comparable. Safeway is horrible

Actually, and I live in Syracuse, Wegmans IS overrated.

They have gone way too far with their own brands of foods. The only kind of bacon you can get is Wegman's bacon, except for a small spot for Oscar Meyer center cut. The whole cooler is variations of Wegman's brand. Their prepared foods are getting too damn expensive, too.

People in Florida swear Publix subs are the best, but I could not disagree more. Pre-cut, bagged veggies, and the bread is not fresh. It's honestly Subway level to me. A Wegman's sub is leaps and bounds better.
Again, it depends on the store. Our Publix does have the best subs, fresh bread daily, good fixings, etc.

All chains or franchises live or die with their individual management. I think that is one of the biggest reasons people can get positive or negative about a given brand.

Again, it depends on the store. Our Publix does have the best subs, fresh bread daily, good fixings, etc.

All chains or franchises live or die with their individual management. I think that is one of the biggest reasons people can get positive or negative about a given brand.

The Boynton Beach Publix had the second best sub I ever had. Wegmans rolls have far too much bread on them.

Best sub I’ve ever had was Royal Sandwich in West Palm.

New York State it use to not be legal to sell wine anywhere but a liquor store, that changed about ten years ago, now legal.

IMO, the quality of most Wegmans brand items is right up there with the name brands.

They frequently screw over local providers to offer their own label.

Gianelli sausage is a good example - I used to be able to buy their phenomenal pork products at Wegmans in Rochester.

Wegmans now offers primarily their own branded pork products (and overloads their Italian sausages with water - easy Chip) and no Gianelli to be found.

Stuff like that makes me hate Wegmans regardless of their private label quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom