Congratulations on double digit wins | Syracusefan.com

Congratulations on double digit wins

WoadBlue

Starter
Last year about this time, I first said that there was a very high probability that the losing HC in the UNC-Syracuse game would get fired. And I felt confident that the loser would be Larry Fedora.

When you get a program back to double digit wins, and you fail to keep the momentum going, it can get away from you very fast. UNC had 11 wins in 2015, and then was down to 3 wins in 2017.

2019 is big for Syracuse and Babers. Even bigger is 2020. If Babers can avoid a big fall back both years, even if he is just 7-6 each season, he could have things set up to go bowling for many years in a row. But if 2019 ends with a dud, as 2016 did for UNC, and then 2020 is a drop back out of bowl eligibility, then Babers may be about to lead you back to the bottom.

Last year about this time, I first said that there was a very high probability that the losing HC in the UNC-Syracuse game would get fired. And I felt confident that the loser would be Larry Fedora.

When you get a program back to double digit wins, and you fail to keep the momentum going, it can get away from you very fast. UNC had 11 wins in 2015, and then was down to 3 wins in 2017.

2019 is big for Syracuse and Babers. Even bigger is 2020. If Babers can avoid a big fall back both years, even if he is just 7-6 each season, he could have things set up to go bowling for many years in a row. But if 2019 ends with a dud, as 2016 did for UNC, and then 2020 is a drop back out of bowl eligibility, then Babers may be about to lead you back to the bottom.
Oh Woad it's tough to be a UNC football fan. Fedora didn't get fired for his losing. It was the crazy talk that was his undoing.

Babers is 10 times the coach Fedora is.

Go kick rocks.

Larry Fedora had a QB that went #2 on draft day. He started losing when Mitch left and couldn’t be replaced. We’re losing a great QB & have another great one right behind him. Thanks for sharing!

I don't think we're gonna only go "7-6" next season. We're only losing 8 starters which is pretty good for a top 15 team and if anyone knows about how much potential our backup has, it should be UNC with how Devito saved us in the final minutes.

Send this hillbilly back to his burning couch.

Syracuse is playing on New Years Day next year.

We might even just play country roads on the boom box to remind this kissing cousins at best fan base that they’re not on NYD.

Hey, at least you guys went out and hired a young, upstart coach to turn around your program...oh wait, it’s not 1988. Well, it was a good hire 30 years ago.

Congratulations on your new coach almost hiring our worst coach in program history.

giphy.gif

These things don't happen in a vacuum. UNC went from 11 to 3 wins mainly due to the fact that something like 20 players suffered season ending injuries.

Weird post Woad, just totally weird. Thought you were over your resentment of Syracuse, but seems there remains a residual trace. I think I know what you hoped to convey here but unfortunately your disappointment in UNC only seemed to draw out that residual hate rather than being a cautionary tale of not putting the cart before the horse. Which in and of itself is a pointless message when it comes to fans anyway as you point out with UNC fans.

Cheers,
Neil

All of our touchdowns were scored yesterday by players who will be returning next year. Three were scored by new players who were playing for the first time as transfers. DeVito, who will be our QB next season was the starting QB in the Under Armour HS All Star game. There can only be 2 starters. He is a top prospect coming out of HS and is a RS freshman. Thanks for your insight. But I think we are good. I'll be watching you in my rear view mirror.

Thank you for your interest in Syracuse Football. Now i see why you’re sometimes referred to as TarHoles!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom