Congratulations on double digit wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Congratulations on double digit wins

I don’t know what was so offensive about the OP’s post.

It’s true.. If 2018 was the biggest year for our program’s resurgence, 2019 is the 1a. Have a similar season next year and we will be back in the eyes of College Football. That means analysts, fans, coaches and most importantly recruits.

One year doesn’t completely resurrect a program. Do it again next year and we cement ourselves as a perennial top 20 program in CFB for a while.

I don’t see any reason to believe Dino won’t have us ready for the task. He has a system and a culture here. He’s not a crazy person popping off at the mouth on Chapel Hill masquerading as a HC.

It’s true.. If 2018 was the biggest year for our program’s resurgence, 2019 is the 1a. Have a similar season next year and we will be back in the eyes of College Football. That means analysts, fans, coaches and most importantly recruits.

One year doesn’t completely resurrect a program. Do it again next year and we cement ourselves as a perennial top 20 program in CFB for a while.

I don’t see any reason to believe Dino won’t have us ready for the task. He has a system and a culture here. He’s not a crazy person popping off at the mouth on Chapel Hill masquerading as a HC.
1546183836414.gif

Due to their passive-aggressive nature, backhanded compliments are always considered offensive.
If you’re giving us a “fare-thee-well” on a fine season, no one would have a problem w/ that. But tossing in some last minute shade about “ Babers may be leading you back to the bottom”, is what made it seem suspect.
Btw- his perspective, which i disagree with, comes strictly from the UNC experience. There are so many mitigating factors involved that impact that experience, it’s not one size fits all. Indeed, i expect there will be some fallback next year, but anything less than a bowl should be considered a failure.
But, and most significantly, HCDB is simply BETTER than Larry Fedora- that’s the main factor.
Simply put, an “outsider” channeling Debbie Downer, is never accecptable. JMHO

Due to their passive-aggressive nature, backhanded compliments are always considered offensive.
If you’re giving us a “fare-thee-well” on a fine season, no one would have a problem w/ that. But tossing in some last minute shade about “ Babers may be leading you back to the bottom”, is what made it seem dyslectic.
Btw- his perspective, which i disagree with, comes strictly from the UNC experience. There are so many mitigating factors involved that impact that experience, it’s not one size fits all. Indeed, i expect there will be some fallback next year, but anything less than a bowl should be considered a failure.
But, and most significantly, HCDB is simply BETTER than Larry Fedora- that’s the main factor.
Simply put, the OP was unnecessary & an “outsider” channeling Debbie Downer, is never accecptable. JMHO
I agree with most of this, I just found it an interesting given it came from the UNC perspective and what they went through with Fedora... Clearly Dino is NOT Fedora so I’m not too worried about this. 2019 is massive for us though.

When I was a grad student at Duke, somebody put a 1" comment in the classified section of the Chapel Hill newspaper that read: "Carolina Blue is the past tense of Carolina sucks." :p

Hey there’s always basketball season for you

I appreciate the cautionary tale, in theory. Some things lined up for us this year that might not, next year. Even so, I'd be shocked if a step back resulted in a downward trend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom