Conley, Brumbaugh Fired | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Conley, Brumbaugh Fired

Brent Axe (@BrentAxeMedia)
12/14/11 1:39 PM
Developing: Via SU Athletics spokesman, Doug Marrone's response to this report tinyurl.com/7qyzj9x
"All coaches are under contract".

Brent Axe (@BrentAxeMedia)
12/14/11 1:39 PM
Developing: Via SU Athletics spokesman, Doug Marrone's response to this report tinyurl.com/7qyzj9x
"All coaches are under contract".
Under contract where?

Could they be finishing some things with an understanding that they will be out of work in two weeks?

Sounds like a political legalese response, IMO.

Axe tweet says that "all coaches are under contract" as per SU spokesman. Color me confused.

Which probably means that they werent fired.

They weren't extended.

That doesn't mean

Say there have been no changes or news to me, no staff changes planned

Don't say they are under contract

That doesn't mean ****

Say there have been no changes or news to me, no staff changes planned

Don't say they are under contract

Their job isn't to keep the fanbase informed of staff moves.

No.

Defense was the problem this year.

The offense was certainly not dynamic, but it wasn't the essential problem.
Orange PA you have lost me for good with this comment. We return all but two starters on O and have to replace our entire D and you continue to support DM regardless. The O was supposed to carry this team this year. They were beyond horrible. From play calling, game managment, penalties, you name it. Wow your def of Doug is really something else.

Orange PA you have lost me for good with this comment. We return all but two starters on O and have to replace our entire D and you continue to support DM regardless. The O was supposed to carry this team this year. They were beyond horrible. From play calling, game managment, penalties, you name it. Wow your def of Doug is really something else.

I'm sure he'll be crushed to read that.

Outside of Shafer and Wheatley every assistant should be let go. Why do Hackett, Anselmo, Adkins, and Moore get free passes?

No.

Defense was the problem this year.

The offense was certainly not dynamic, but it wasn't the essential problem.

Over the 3 years, the O has been a much bigger problem than the D. The D lost a ton before this past season and was fairly good in other seasons. The Offense and "special" teams have been bad all 3 years.

That's beyond nuts.

Play calling sucked ass. OL couldn't open holes and had some players get worse. WRs made zero impact and didn't get any better as year went on. OLBs struggled all year. But yeah you are right the only problem was Conley, who at least was a decent recruiter.

Outside of Shafer and Wheatley every assistant should be let go. Why do Hackett, Anselmo, Adkins, and Moore get free passes?

I don't agree that all should be let go at the same time (too unstable) but the only 2 assistants who I would consider major losses would be Shafer and Wheatley. I have no issue losing Conley or Brumbaugh.

Play calling sucked ass. OL couldn't open holes and had some players get worse. WRs made zero impact and didn't get any better as year went on. OLBs struggled all year. But yeah you are right the only problem was Conley, who at least was a decent recruiter.

I understand what you are saying, but it is ironic that we had a WR break the sesason reception record this year.

I don't agree that all should be let go at the same time (too unstable) but the only 2 assistants who I would consider major losses would be Shafer and Wheatley. I have no issue losing Conley or Brumbaugh.

Which was my point. Those two are the only ones that are earning their pay right now. Conley was at least getting some kids from PA. Was he really any worse that the other guys?

Stop with the nonsense.

And where did I ever say anything about Conley?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom