Consequences | Syracusefan.com

Consequences

Flacusian

All Conference
Watching today's game was a difficult task. The program is still experiencing the types of difficulties which arise when a program is dealing with the consequences of an NCAA investigation. Essentially, we have struggled to assemble a team with any modicum of depth, talent, and leadership. I try to remain optimistic and grateful for whatever accomplishments the program has had since the sanctions have been in effect. But simply said... it is very difficult to get excited about a team which struggles to mightily to score and the lack of any sense of urgency at the close of this game is the type of thing that makes for empty seats in the dome. And this phenomenon of the inability to score has seemed to settle in on our program. It's not exciting basketball.

Much seemed to have been made about the hustle and cohesiveness that this team was seeming to display at the onset of the season. Not so much as of late. It's hard to watch our program lose to a team without their 2 best players in a game that we should have won. I don't think any player should ever quit... on a play... on a team... on a season... and I feel the same way about fans. So, I'll continue to watch, cheer, hope and support these kids and this team. The bright thing on the horizon is... help is on the way next year and it looks as though we might return to attracting the types of players that play the brand of Syracuse Basketball that will create excitement and pride ... the way that Syracuse Basketball has been for as long as I can remember.

Is it all because of sanctions? Or other factors at play? Uconns natl championship and SU FF says these hardships or excuses can be overcome. Well at least temporarily lol

I think it is a bit more complicated than blaming it on sanctions. yes, the sanctions hurt. but we also ran off program type kids in order to bring in grad transfers for JB's last hurrah last year, which turned out to be a disaster and also turned out to not be JB's last hurrah. so our head-coach-in-waiting and top recruiter took a year off from recruiting, and then left the program. now we are in the midst of a full on rebuild with a 72 (or so) year old coach who is just hanging on long enough to coach his kid. meanwhile, we are well into year four of mediocrity.

I think it is a bit more complicated than blaming it on sanctions. yes, the sanctions hurt. but we also ran off program type kids in order to bring in grad transfers for JB's last hurrah last year, which turned out to be a disaster and also turned out to not be JB's last hurrah. so our head-coach-in-waiting and top recruiter took a year off from recruiting, and then left the program. now we are in the midst of a full on rebuild with a 72 (or so) year old coach who is just hanging on long enough to coach his kid. meanwhile, we are well into year four of mediocrity.
Yep a lot of factors at play since BE blew up, not many of them too good for the program, well, other than the FF! The question is will it change before JB is done.? Go Bazely!!

It’s scary to watch your team lose a game they should win. It was debilitating to be at the game and see defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. It is also confusing. I wonder what other kind of adjectives I can use? Is JB able to help these kids feel that they can play Mano a Mano with anyone, because that is how they’re going to HAVE to feel. There was a lack of energy/scrappiness at this game. I would like Frank to pretend he’s 6’0” and push that ball up the court in 3 seconds instead of 9. Just fake it til you make it, my man! Run like the wind! Feel the wind rustling your hair!

I would also like to see Moyer play more and Marek less. Moyer can score.

I sure hope Boeheim has some of that there psycho-lology up his sleeve and that he can apply it liberally.

Run, Frank, run!

We've recruited guys that just aren't ready and expect them to produce right away.

I know I know, we've lost guys to the draft, but outside of those guys we've struck out.

Our recruiting wasn't top to bottom good for awhile now and many showed concern by this but laughed at and were told they had no idea what they were talking about.

Our lack of success isn't a surprise nor should be. Once people stop thinking every 75+ rated recruit is a Lydon, every backup plan is a Warrick and everybody we bring in is underrated you won't be surprised.

Our ACC record is a product of our past poor recruiting. Next year we have two solid guys coming in, we should be better. Don't get how people can't understand this.

We've recruited guys that just aren't ready and expect them to produce right away.

I know I know, we've lost guys to the draft, but outside of those guys we've struck out.

Our recruiting wasn't top to bottom good for awhile now and many showed concern by this but laughed at and were told they had no idea what they were talking about.

Our lack of success isn't a surprise nor should be. Once people stop thinking every 75+ rated recruit is a Lydon, every backup plan is a Warrick and everybody we bring in is underrated you won't be surprised.

Our ACC record is a product of our past poor recruiting. Next year we have two solid guys coming in, we should be better. Don't get how people can't understand this.
I agree with most Of this. We’ve made some critical evaluation errors, especially at the pg spot, and did a bad job predicting when kids might leave early. Also, Bazeley and Carey are more than solids. I think they will both be stud freshman.

I agree with most Of this. We’ve made some critical evaluation errors, especially at the pg spot, and did a bad job predicting when kids might leave early. Also, Bazeley and Carey are more than solids. I think they will both be stud freshman.

I think they'll both be impact freshman as well. Baz for sure, Carey I'm not sure if he plays as much as he should.

You think all of sudden kids stopped wanting to come to syracuse? . Name one player in this team who would start in 2003.

You think all of sudden kids stopped wanting to come to syracuse? . Name one player in this team who would start in 2003.

2003 was awesome. We weren’t very good in 2002 though. We can make a quick turnaround.

Just never know when you get a top 20 all time NBA scorer and a guy who couldn't miss in a championship game coming in.

Everybody pretty much sucks now though. So we should only need Bazley to be a top 40 all time scorer, and Carey to hit 4 first half three’s. Chukwu might not even need to make a dunk while getting fouled to start the game, thank God.

Everybody pretty much sucks now though. So we should only need Bazley to be a top 40 all time scorer, and Carey to hit 4 first half three’s. Chukwu might not even need to make a dunk while getting fouled to start the game, thank God.

Just have Brissett ready to make a last second block and we're golden.

Roll the ball out JB

All I am saying is there is no excuse for the lack of bigs on this team none. Are you tell me we can't get one?

When your head coach doesnt leave Syracuse to recruit, when you have major discord between the head coach and head coach in waiting following sanctions this is the result.
Next year will be like watching back to the future especially if Sid becomes vicious again. We will be loaded. Baz is so good he might go top 5 in the draft after next year. Carey is what JB loves a guard who can score when needed. Think Flynn. Buddy can stroke it from NBA range and wont RS. Bris will find his stroke, add 15 pounds of muscle and play his way into the 1st round along with Baz. JB loves Hughes and Euro, Chewy, and hopefully Sid will be much improved and all stronger.
Frank should be better as he will be allowed to play off the ball more and hopefully go a hard and healthy 30 per game vs being gassed.
As we all know anything can happen in the tourney but i see us as a 3 seed possibly even a 1.
Oh plus i think our medical staff improves and our fans find their voices:)
Go orange!

Maybe we can get one of the sneaker companies involved so we can get more 5-star recruits.

Carey is what JB loves a guard who can score when needed.

Don't get too excited about Carey coming in and playing at the same level as Tyus Battle. Carey may take a year before he's contributing like MCW or Dion Waiters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom