Consequences | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Consequences

Boy, getting 20 wins this season is not starting out so well in the regular season. This team has to start winning 1 out every 2 games or the our NCAA hopes are done.

Don't get too excited about Carey coming in and playing at the same level as Tyus Battle. Carey may take a year before he's contributing like MCW or Dion Waiters.
Dave i really think he is going to play lights out. Between Frank Hughes Baz and Bris we are going to have a ton of options which should leave Carey in a good spot as he wont have much pressure on him.

Battle clearly would have been a slight upgrade over Duany but thats it
No, Duany was an excellent roll playing senior. Battle is to 1 demenional.

So JB would start KD over TB?? You really believe that? Ok fair enough

Sanctions? Didn't we still have more 'talent' (out of high school) on the floor than both Notre Dame and St B? I don't think we do as much with what we have as other programs. And I'm never going to be convinced that having a staff full of point guards is the best way to coach up forwards and centers.

Just because we might be missing a couple of bench scholarships, which would be 8th or 9th guys, doesn't mean we were effectively losing depth. Those guys don't play anyway under JB. Time to stop blaming the NCAA.

With our system/style of play, we need more than one HS top 25 kid at a time. Talent. Not rationalizations and conspiracy rants about why a #65 was dissed by the biased recruiting gurus and is really much better than that.

Sanctions? Didn't we still have more 'talent' (out of high school) on the floor than both Notre Dame and St B? I don't think we do as much with what we have as other programs. And I'm never going to be convinced that having a staff full of point guards is the best way to coach up forwards and centers.

Just because we might be missing a couple of bench scholarships, which would be 8th or 9th guys, doesn't mean we were effectively losing depth. Those guys don't play anyway under JB. Time to stop blaming the NCAA.

With our system/style of play, we need more than one HS top 25 kid at a time. Talent. Not rationalizations and conspiracy rants about why a #65 was dissed by the biased recruiting gurus and is really much better than that.

Hear hear.

JB is a HOF coach, but that doesn't place him above criticism when he has performance issues, and he's had them in the last five years.

He needs to step up his game.

When your head coach doesnt leave Syracuse to recruit, when you have major discord between the head coach and head coach in waiting following sanctions this is the result.
Next year will be like watching back to the future especially if Sid becomes vicious again. We will be loaded. Baz is so good he might go top 5 in the draft after next year. Carey is what JB loves a guard who can score when needed. Think Flynn. Buddy can stroke it from NBA range and wont RS. Bris will find his stroke, add 15 pounds of muscle and play his way into the 1st round along with Baz. JB loves Hughes and Euro, Chewy, and hopefully Sid will be much improved and all stronger.
Frank should be better as he will be allowed to play off the ball more and hopefully go a hard and healthy 30 per game vs being gassed.
As we all know anything can happen in the tourney but i see us as a 3 seed possibly even a 1.
Oh plus i think our medical staff improves and our fans find their voices:)
Go orange!
7x
Well! This is an optimistic and welcome post. I’m certainly looking forward to the possibility that we put a top 10 team on the floor next season... it’s long overdue!

Yes, he would...Kueth played a role that Battle couldn’t and he was a senior.

You probably have a point.

That team had excellent chemistry and I don't think TB would have improved it in any way vs KD.

He would have been a really good 6th or 7th man.

Just never know when you get a top 20 all time NBA scorer and a guy who couldn't miss in a championship game coming in.
Or a point guard who could penetrate the lane against anyone, and score, and also hit the open player in Billy E.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom