Cooney's pass makes #1 on SC Top 10 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney's pass makes #1 on SC Top 10

I love it. His shooting has been awful recently but he hustles his butt off. He also seems to come up with a great play late in games whether its a rebound, loose ball or hitting free throws though he did miss one tonight.
His most ridiculous shot of the night was a very difficult and highly contested shot while we were desperately trying to milk time off the clock. I was screaming no non no as he took it, then just grinned at my wife when ti went in. To her budding basketball IQ credit , she said "that wasn't a good shot. How did he do that?".

I hate to say it, but the real credit on that play goes to Ennis who foresaw what was going to happen & he cut to the open space before anybody else on the court realized that there was a passing lane to be had.

I hate to say it, but the real credit on that play goes to Ennis who foresaw what was going to happen & he cut to the open space before anybody else on the court realized that there was a passing lane to be had.

It was still a great pass by Cooney- both in realizing the situation and getting the ball to Ennis while flat on his back.

The funniest thing about that play is the no-call. After the block, Cooney is WWE'd into the ground by a flying arm-bar to the back. Good clean ACC ball.

It was still a great pass by Cooney- both in realizing the situation and getting the ball to Ennis while flat on his back.

and having the presence of mind, rush to scramble off the court after the pass so he wouldn't get a 3 second call.

i don't want to hijack the thread but another pass also stands out in my memory. somewhere around the 12:00 mark, trevor tries to toss the ball nonchalantly over to cj standing who's out top. both players then watch as the ball bounces lazily toward the sideline where a terp swoops in and takes it all the way to the hole for a dunk. luckily the ball (or foot) was ruled out of bounds. i myself couldn't tell . but the effort was horrible!

i don't want to hijack the thread but another pass also stands out in my memory. somewhere around the 12:00 mark, trevor tries to toss the ball nonchalantly over to cj standing who's out top. both players then watch as the ball bounces lazily toward the sideline where a terp swoops in and takes it all the way to the hole for a dunk. luckily the ball (or foot) was ruled out of bounds. i myself couldn't tell . but the effort was horrible!

That would have been an over and back call and I cant believe the Maryland player went after it. Just let it go out of bounds. We caught a break there.

I love it. His shooting has been awful recently but he hustles his butt off. He also seems to come up with a great play late in games whether its a rebound, loose ball or hitting free throws though he did miss one tonight.
His most ridiculous shot of the night was a very difficult and highly contested shot while we were desperately trying to milk time off the clock. I was screaming no non no as he took it, then just grinned at my wife when ti went in. To her budding basketball IQ credit , she said "that wasn't a good shot. How did he do that?".
I think Cooney may be a better shooter on difficult, contested shots than on wide-open looks. When contested, he just lets his shooting instincts take over and doesn't think about the shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom