Cornell Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Game Thread...

I had a few freeze-ups here & there. Most lasted just a few seconds, had to refresh on a couple. My feed froze up just as Jimmy was approaching his dad in the handshake line & never resumed...I assume it was a nice embrace?

Waiting to replay.

Yes JB gave him a hug and then bro hugs from all the SU players.

I think Bayer can play ball. He probably gets decent minutes on a mid-major.
Doubtful since he didn't even start for a mediocre mid-major. But he's definitely better than most walk-ons in recent memory.

Second your comments about Chukwu. I haven't exactly been optimistic about his chances to contribute, but if he can give us what he gave tonight as the competition steps up, I'll be thrilled.
Agreed. He looked much more like a basketball player tonight than he did last year. He's still a bit awkward, but he definitely has a better idea of what to do than he did last year. 15 minutes from him and 25 minutes from Sidibe this year is reasonable. I don't think the 5 will hurt us this year. TT was so abysmal defensively last year that it negated any positive from his offense.

This team has a chance to be really, really good on defense. That's where we will hang our hat. We have length everywhere. If these kids can get the rotations down and rebound, we will be really, really good on defense. Tonight looked just as good defensively as any game I can remember last year, if not better.

If you had stream issues in any of the games, please like my post to show our numbers.
I didn't have any connection issue tonight, but the quality was horrible. It was like watching on a low res old laptop being transmitted to my tv. Never lost connection, but at times you couldn't even read the score clearly.

I know ...Cornell but very happy with the effort. Obviously need to get more efficient shooting the ball but I was happy with the defense. Every guy that played did some positive things so hopefully we got a confidence boost.
great post, MS.
Thought the two guys that have been getting the most derision around here - Moyer and Chukwu - both had quietly good games - was nice to see.
Geno is starting to get comfortable (and healthy) and will be key component - is a step up from Gillon.
As others have said, defense has a chance to be a force.

little by little

Loving the halftime show. This is what makes it college basketball. Like the fact that the Newhouse kids get a chance to show their stuff, although Drew needs some proactiv and Josh needs tongue liposuction. But this is part of their education. Isis was the stand-out.

Isis was redundant when she spoke, but was okay otherwise. The guy on the right was very good and has a play-by-play voice.

fwiw Cornell put up 94 on Binghamton tonight
Speaking of, how come Binghamton is a program we rarely schedule? Colgate every year is lame (not that Bing would be any less lame), but I guess that is tradition and all.

Feel like the schedule should include at least one of the SUNY's every year (Buffalo, Bing, Albany, Stony Brook), rotating often. Since we're going to always get called out for playing a weak schedule, we might as well include another game against these teams instead of the Texas Southern, Boston U, Holy Cross, Kennesaw Mountain Landis St, etcs...

Speaking of, how come Binghamton is a program we rarely schedule? Colgate every year is lame (not that Bing would be any less lame), but I guess that is tradition and all.

Feel like the schedule should include at least one of the SUNY's every year (Buffalo, Bing, Albany, Stony Brook), rotating often. Since we're going to always get called out for playing a weak schedule, we might as well include another game against these teams instead of the Texas Southern, Boston U, Holy Cross, Kennesaw Mountain Landis St, etcs...
If the state comes through with significant funding for renovating the Dome, you might get your wish...