Could Carmelo win an NBA championship with the Chicago Bulls? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Could Carmelo win an NBA championship with the Chicago Bulls?

And that Dunleavy deal (even at 3.3) will not be that easy to send out for nothing. back.

But your $18M sounds about right.
Dunleavy could get packaged with Charlotte's 1st round pick Chicago owns if the Hornets/Bobcats make the playoffs this year, the Bulls own 1st round pick, or the future 1st round pick Chicago owns from Sacramento that it got in Luol Deng trade with Cleveland.

Chicago can trade Dunleavy with those assets and amnesty Boozer and sign Melo in July.

I just ran a proprietary algorithm that I've been fine tuning for awhile. When I first introduced the formula to my colleagues, it was when Greg Paulus came here to QB for a year. The beta version of my analysis showed Syracuse with Paulus having a 62% chance of winning the National Championship that year. Not a terrible prognosis, but not perfect.

I'm now on v6.0 and it tells me that the chances of Carmelo winning a title with the Bulls is about 91%. wow.

The Knicks are a mess because their ownership and "management organization" (and I use the term management loosely) is dysfunctional. It will always be dysfunctional as long as James Dolan (Son of Cablevision) is the owner. Melo will never win anything with the Knicks. It pains me to say it as a life long Knicks fan, but Melo should leave for a situation where he can win a championship even if he has to take less money. If Rose returns to anywhere near his previous form that would be a great landing spot along with Noah and Butler. I want what is best for Melo and at this stage of his career (turning 30) winning trumps a little bit more money.

What with the recent behind the scenes recruiting Yakim Noah did at the NBA All Star game and hints that Rose wants him too could it be where Melo lands? Melo has stated that Rose is his sons favorite player.

Listen to Chris Broussard
He ain't winning one in NY period. The scape goat by all the media for NY's failures, has to leave the bright lights. His stats are unbelievable on such a horrid team.

He is hitting 46% from the field, just under 43% from 3pt land, just under 84% from the charity strip, 2nd in the league in scoring at 28.1 per, 8.5 rbg up almost 2 rbg/game over his carrer average, and just for giggles has increased in avg vs. his carreer stats in blocks, steals, PPG, FT%, 3Pt %, while lowering his TO's/game and PF/game. Yeah, he'll do fine in chicago. But I got one for you under the radar....What if he ends up in Cleveland with lebron, his best friend that would love to play with Melo, now wouldn't that be something.

He ain't winning one in NY period. The scape goat by all the media for NY's failures, has to leave the bright lights. His stats are unbelievable on such a horrid team.

He is hitting 46% from the field, just under 43% from 3pt land, just under 84% from the charity strip, 2nd in the league in scoring at 28.1 per, 8.5 rbg up almost 2 rbg/game over his carrer average, and just for giggles has increased in avg vs. his carreer stats in blocks, steals, PPG, FT%, 3Pt %, while lowering his TO's/game and PF/game. Yeah, he'll do fine in chicago. But I got one for you under the radar...What if he ends up in Cleveland with lebron, his best friend that would love to play with Melo, now wouldn't that be something.
Lebron James will not go back to Cleveland and play for that POS owner Dan Gilbert. The letter Gilbert came out with after the Decision made him a terrible sour puss owner IMO. Lebron owed Gilbert/Cleveland nothing as he was an unrestricted FA when he left. If Lebron doesn't do the decision he doesn't get much crap if he left Cleveland. Carmelo/Lebron to Cleveland isn't going to happen. Lebron isn't leaving Miami he has done the right thing and just stayed quiet. Carmelo is the one speculated to move and as I have said I think its either resign for that crazy money with the Knicks or go to the Bulls or long shot Lakers with Kobe.

I just heard Simmons on the radio and he thinks HOU is more likely than CHI.

I just heard Simmons on the radio and he thinks HOU is more likely than CHI.
How the heck could Houston land Carmelo Anthony under the cap paying James Harden, Dwight Howard high level contracts and Omar Asrik, Jeremy Lin making decent money, and Chandler Parsons about due for a raise when his rookie deal expires?

How the heck could Houston land Carmelo Anthony under the cap paying James Harden, Dwight Howard high level contracts and Omar Asrik, Jeremy Lin making decent money, and Chandler Parsons about due for a raise when his rookie deal expires?

They'd have to trade Asik and Lin. Parsons has a team option for next year, so assuming they weren't worried about the tax (not a fair assumption), they'd have his bird rights so they could go over the cap and/or tax to sign Parsons.
Asik I would think is moveable; I an not 100% sure how his cap hit works; I believe for the Rockets its the average of the contract (same with Lin), but if they trade him, not sure if that is true. (It has to do with them signing the offer sheets 2 summers ago). Asik is a good player, they could move him, ditto Lin, thought they might need to include another asset or something.

They'd have to trade Asik and Lin. Parsons has a team option for next year, so assuming they weren't worried about the tax (not a fair assumption), they'd have his bird rights so they could go over the cap and/or tax to sign Parsons.
Asik I would think is moveable; I an not 100% sure how his cap hit works; I believe for the Rockets its the average of the contract (same with Lin), but if they trade him, not sure if that is true. (It has to do with them signing the offer sheets 2 summers ago). Asik is a good player, they could move him, ditto Lin, thought they might need to include another asset or something.
Daryl Morey the Houston GM frontloaded both the Lin and Asik contracts 2 years ago so the Knicks and Bulls wouldn't match them. Asik and Lin have cap hits next year of 8.3 million dollars, because their year one cap hits were over 14.6 million to get those teams to decline the offer sheets.
I doubt the Knicks would do a sign and trade of Lin/Asik for Carmelo unless Parsons was part of the deal, and I am not sure either party would still do the deal. Carmelo is a better version of Parsons.

Daryl Morey the Houston GM frontloaded both the Lin and Asik contracts 2 years ago so the Knicks and Bulls wouldn't match them. Asik and Lin have cap hits next year of 8.3 million dollars, because their year one cap hits were over 14.6 million to get those teams to decline the offer sheets.
I doubt the Knicks would do a sign and trade of Lin/Asik for Carmelo unless Parsons was part of the deal, and I am not sure either party would still do the deal. Carmelo is a better version of Parsons.

It's the other way around; he backloaded the contracts. Asik and Lin are due to make about $15 million next year each. However, for Houston, the cap hit is the average of the contract, whereas for the matching team it would have been $15 million next year, so they did it that way to make the potentially luxury tax hit more punitive.

Not sure the Knicks could receive a player in a sign and trade anyway cause they are over the tax.

It's the other way around; he backloaded the contracts. Asik and Lin are due to make about $15 million next year each. However, for Houston, the cap hit is the average of the contract, whereas for the matching team it would have been $15 million next year, so they did it that way to make the potentially luxury tax hit more punitive.

Not sure the Knicks could receive a player in a sign and trade anyway cause they are over the tax.
I knew he did it on one side of the contract. Houston still feels like a real long shot for Carmelo. I think its a 2 horse race unless Kobe can attract him to Lakers and they are 3rd. Knicks have the 5th year and most money, Bulls have the Noah, Butler, and if Rose can be healthy the best nucleus, and Lakers have So.California, history, and Kobe. I think Melo like most of us will go with the money. It would be hard for me to sign 4 yrs 90 million when I could sign for 5 yrs 116 million unless I knew the 4 year team would get me a ring. Chicago would need a healthy Rose to be a Championship team and its not a lock to happen.

I love Melo but as a Heat fan I don't see how he would mesh well with Lebron. My dream player to get would be Kevin Love.

images

Melo & LeBron have been friends since high school

BgpF-5ZIEAE6bkj.jpg:large

Through the pros

alg-usabball-celebration-jpg.jpg

and they meshed well together for two Olympic Gold medals

There is no question that he could, the best thing for him right now is to leave ny, and distance himself from this mess.

Orangeyes said:
Melo & LeBron have been friends since high school Through the pros and they meshed well together for two Olympic Gold medals

Don't disagree but the two of them playing 82 games together and Melo taking 30 shots a game probably wouldn't sit well with Lebron she it isn't needed.

Maybe. If Derrick Rose is still All Star caliber and they are able to keep and/or sign good role players around them.

Melo-Rose-Noah is certainly a championship caliber foundation.

He needs to leave the Knicks. Even if they get their cap in order, they won't make the right moves. Just look at how poorly this current team is constructed. A bunch of shoot first offensive players to surround the #2 scorer in the league? Why?

The Bargnani move was the last straw that shows they don't have any clue.

he doesnt opt out.

1 more year of bad Knick basketball. (what else is new)

and then when the Knicks have nobody under contract, we see who will sign with them, Melo included...and a new era begins.

Knowing them, they'll max out a shoot first guy coming off a career year like Monte Ellis, and his game will fall off a cliff, and he'll be hurt and/or ineffective by year 3 of the deal.

Don't disagree but the two of them playing 82 games together and Melo taking 30 shots a game probably wouldn't sit well with Lebron she it isn't needed.

Melo wouldn't take 30 shots a game if he played with Lebron. Melo shoots a lot, but he's not an unintelligent player. He and Iverson played pretty well together in that short stint. If he can mesh reasonably well with Iverson, he'd be just fine with Lebron.

sheesh. Melo's career high is 22 (this and last year with NOTHING to work with)... averages less than 20 per game in his career... he'd likely take 18-20 per game with LeBron. Bosh + Wade are taking 26.2 this year. you'd still have 8 shots pg from your new 2 guard. Why take that jab?

More likely - LeBron and Melo one up each other game in game out (from a scoring standpoint) and the world would get to enjoy the "greatest show on maple" for however many years they're together. I can see them each putting up 50 in a single game...

I'm for it. I'm also for him joining my Bulls. Just get out of NY, Melo...

Only reason he would stay with New York is he could get that 5th year from the Knicks and they could pay 23 million instead of 18 million he would get from someone else. Jimmy Dolan's inept leadership with the Knicks is starting to wear thin with Melo and if he went to Chicago or the Lakers the only 2 teams he would leave NY Knicks for he could make that lost revenue in endorsements in those huge markets. Melo isn't winning a championship if he stays with the NY Knicks their cap situation with Amare and Tyson Chandler means they won't be able to lure a 2nd all-star this off-season and Kevin Love the top 2015 FA is basically a Laker if he gets to FA and the only other team that could get Love is the Celtics because of all the assets they could offer Minnesota and if the C's got him he would have to sign an extension for that to happen.
And if money really is a big concern for him, NY state and city taxes would help make the transition to chicago easier, not to mention a lower cost of living.

I would love for Melo to win with the Knicks, but management seems like a train wreck and he didnt really do the organization any favors with the trade they had to make with the nuggets just to get him. I understand that Melo didn't want to screw over denver, but in doing so he screwed himself and the knicks. But regardless, the knicks were already picking up terrible contracts (Amare).

As of December Melo's jersey was more popular too, two spots ahead of Wade

Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:

1. LeBron James, Miami HEAT
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
3. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
4. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
6. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami HEAT
8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
10. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
11. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
12. James Harden, Houston Rockets
13. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
14. Paul George, Indiana Pacers
15. Michael Carter-Williams, Philadelphia 76ers

Source

...mcw?

And if money really is a big concern for him, NY state and city taxes would help make the transition to chicago easier, not to mention a lower cost of living.

I would love for Melo to win with the Knicks, but management seems like a train wreck and he didnt really do the organization any favors with the trade they had to make with the nuggets just to get him. I understand that Melo didn't want to screw over denver, but in doing so he screwed himself and the knicks. But regardless, the knicks were already picking up terrible contracts (Amare).

I don't think Melo cared about not screwing over Denver. He wanted to get his contract signed before the lockout.

sheaj said:
sheesh. Melo's career high is 22 (this and last year with NOTHING to work with)... averages less than 20 per game in his career... he'd likely take 18-20 per game with LeBron. Bosh + Wade are taking 26.2 this year. you'd still have 8 shots pg from your new 2 guard. Why take that jab? More likely - LeBron and Melo one up each other game in game out (from a scoring standpoint) and the world would get to enjoy the "greatest show on maple" for however many years they're together. I can see them each putting up 50 in a single game... I'm for it. I'm also for him joining my Bulls. Just get out of NY, Melo...

22 is a lot to average.

GoHamSU said:
...mcw?

It's funny to see how the guy continually had gotten crapped on since the beginning of last year and still now but has love outside of Syracuse from everywhere. It's sad.