Could Carmelo win an NBA championship with the Chicago Bulls? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Could Carmelo win an NBA championship with the Chicago Bulls?

I don't think Melo cared about not screwing over Denver. He wanted to get his contract signed before the lockout.

Agreed. And I don't think Gallo and/or W. Chandler would change the Knicks bottom line that much.

It's funny to see how the guy continually had gotten crapped on since the beginning of last year and still now but has love outside of Syracuse from everywhere. It's sad.

I don't think anyone expected him to play as well as he has this year.

Briancuse said:
I don't think anyone expected him to play as well as he has this year.

Define well, if you look at his numbers they really aren't that far fetched. He is playing at about how I expected him to. He's come back down to earth after the first month of the season. His game and body were built for the NBA, I really don't think it was shocking that he is a solid player.

Define well, if you look at his numbers they really aren't that far fetched. He is playing at about how I expected him to. He's come back down to earth after the first month of the season. His game and body were built for the NBA, I really don't think it was shocking that he is a solid player.

I don't think anyone expected him to be the clear cut rookie of the year.

Considering how poorly he shot the ball from outside last year, I would say this is a surprise.

22 is a lot to average.

not saying it isn't. I AM saying 22 =/= 30... also... I'm not a knicks fan in the slightest... but who in the hell else should be taking shots on that team?

but it's all good. just a difference in opinion, i guess.

not saying it isn't. I AM saying 22 =/= 30... also... I'm not a knicks fan in the slightest... but who in the hell else should be taking shots on that team?

but it's all good. just a difference in opinion, i guess.
This is a great point, I really don't trust anyone else on this team shooting. I'm surprised Melo isn't taking more shots.

Briancuse said:
I don't think anyone expected him to be the clear cut rookie of the year. Considering how poorly he shot the ball from outside last year, I would say this is a surprise.

He's shooting a worse 3pt percentage in the NBA than he did in college and almost exactly the same fg% overall. He's clear cut rookie of the year because of his excellent first month and being one of the very few in the class that is doing much of anything this year. His defense has been great though.

Melo actually helped Denver get more value by making the trade in Feb. 2011. If Melo didn't get his extension before the lockout he probably goes to NY in the off-season like Dwight Howard in the summer of 2012.
Melo made NY probably give up more than they would have had to in the summer, Mozgov, Chandler, Gallinari, 2014 1st round pick, 2016 ability to swap first round slots was a good haul for Denver, and the Nuggets unloaded Chauncey Billups salary as well.

Melo actually helped Denver get more value by making the trade in Feb. 2011. If Melo didn't get his extension before the lockout he probably goes to NY in the off-season like Dwight Howard in the summer of 2012.
Melo made NY probably give up more than they would have had to in the summer, Mozgov, Chandler, Gallinari, 2014 1st round pick, 2016 ability to swap first round slots was a good haul for Denver, and the Nuggets unloaded Chauncey Billups salary as well.
I assume u just flat out dismiss any chance of the former Albany Patroons coach to the Knicks in any capacity...so u can continue to tell us that u are right and Carmelo is gone??

Right??

he doesnt opt out.

1 more year of bad Knick basketball. (what else is new)

and then when the Knicks have nobody under contract, we see who will sign with them, Melo included...and a new era begins.

Lol...we have heard this before. Carmelo really needs to leave that pitiful organization.

I assume u just flat out dismiss any chance of the former Albany Patroons coach to the Knicks in any capacity...so u can continue to tell us that u are right and Carmelo is gone??

Right??
I pray to the heavens Phil Jackson is stupid enough to take the NY Knicks head coaching job and then we would see how he would do as a rebuilding head coach rather than taking over a close to finished product like he for Doug Collins with Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horice Grant, or with the Lakers with Shaq O'Neal, Kobe Bryant or Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum.

Jackson is a good coach, but he wants power in the front office and if he takes that coaching job I would love to see his triangle without a top 10 all-time great leading his offense.

Dude, your better off just conceding this argument. Melo only stays with the Knicks if he wants the 5 yr max deal. He isn't going to take less money since taking less money wouldn't help the Knicks this offseason get an elite FA, and as I have been saying when the Knicks lose Amare and Chandler next offseason and Love and Rondo are FAs they won't have enough space for both guys unless they acquired one during the season and then the forced a sign and trade to NYC. Love has LA Lakers written all over him he went to UCLA, his girlfriend lives in LA, and he like So. California. Rondo is a possibility if the Knicks had any decent assets and could give the Celtics those assets. Go ahead and hire Phil Jackson but as long as Jimmy Dolan owns the New York Knickerbockers for the foreseeable future their chances to win a title are bleak.

I pray to the heavens Phil Jackson is stupid enough to take the NY Knicks head coaching job and then we would see how he would do as a rebuilding head coach rather than taking over a close to finished product like he for Doug Collins with Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horice Grant, or with the Lakers with Shaq O'Neal, Kobe Bryant or Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum.

Jackson is a good coach, but he wants power in the front office and if he takes that coaching job I would love to see his triangle without a top 10 all-time great leading his offense.

Dude, your better off just conceding this argument. Melo only stays with the Knicks if he wants the 5 yr max deal. He isn't going to take less money since taking less money wouldn't help the Knicks this offseason get an elite FA, and as I have been saying when the Knicks lose Amare and Chandler next offseason and Love and Rondo are FAs they won't have enough space for both guys unless they acquired one during the season and then the forced a sign and trade to NYC. Love has LA Lakers written all over him he went to UCLA, his girlfriend lives in LA, and he like So. California. Rondo is a possibility if the Knicks had any decent assets and could give the Celtics those assets. Go ahead and hire Phil Jackson but as long as Jimmy Dolan owns the New York Knickerbockers for the foreseeable future their chances to win a title are bleak.
i dont see love in NYC either, let him go to LA where he can be the 3rd banana in peace. i just dont see who the top 2 are.

Melo's best bet is to stay in NYC, anywhere else and he finishes out his HOF career as a carpetbagging loser. hed be better off staying here and trying to win. show some honor, get your max bank if he needs.

if Melo leaves the Knicks, its over. its another 10 years of bullspit. if he stays, they could find their way back to the 2 or 3 seed in the East and anything can happen.

93 & 94 are so goddamn frustrating.

and talk about Syracuse losing their centers, the Knicks in 99?? i cant take this....

he doesnt opt out.

1 more year of bad Knick basketball. (what else is new)

and then when the Knicks have nobody under contract, we see who will sign with them, Melo included...and a new era begins.

This is simply not true. He will opt out, regardless of where he plays.

Just an aside...

The "Paul George is better than Melo!" contingent that popped up at the end of last year and in November of this season...

Melo: 28.1 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.1 apg, .456 FG%, .420 3PFG%, 2.5 TO
George: 22.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 3.5 apg, .433 FG%, .371 3PFG%, 2.7 TO

George continues to shoot worse, score less, turn it over more, and now is rebounding significantly less too.