Coyle leaving for Minnesota AD job | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coyle leaving for Minnesota AD job

Pete Sala come on down...again.

Ah, I was aiming a little higher than that. No offense to Pete. (Though that would be quite the climb up the ladder for an in-house guy.)

LOL. At least he hired Babers.
I just hope and pray the next AD and Babers get along. And Babers doesn't have an eye elsewhere now cause the guy who hired him left and the next AD he has no relationship with.

And when Minnesota is in the market for a football coach the first call he makes is to Babers now we can bank on that.

I just don't like this!

Ah, I was aiming a little higher than that. No offense to Pete. (Though that would be quite the climb up the ladder for an in-house guy.)
No I hear you. Few guys that probably should get the interim tag ahead of him. Not to mention, his new job title should keep him quite busy over the next several years. Don't know much about the guys Coyle brought in, wonder if they stay or follow him again.

jr4750 said:
No I hear you. Few guys that probably should get the interim tag ahead of him. Not to mention, his new job title should keep him quite busy over the next several years. Don't know much about the guys Coyle brought in, wonder if they stay or follow him again.

So true. He brought in a bunch of his guys.

If he is indeed leaving for personal reasons, was Minnesota the only place that would work?

Seems kinda strange.

Family reasons? Give me a break. Sorry guys but anything serious wouldn't result in another job elsewhere immediately. Give me a break...yea, his daughter wants to to to Minny, his wife is a Vikes fan, and Minny has lower state taxes. Enjoy those ugly Minny colors.

My wife would like new shoes, I am taking this job for another $150k per year increase.
im not buying the reason. Smells fishy to me. you dont leave Syracuse to become the AD at Minnesota

Marsh01 said:
im not buying the reason. Smells fishy to me. you dont leave Syracuse to become the AD at Minnesota
as I'm we wanted him to go?

GophersOpenMouthStruggleFace.gif

I call BS on "family reasons." Shafer quit MD for a family matter and is unemployed. Coyle is leaving for more cash and/or a better athletic department. Fingers crossed that he doesn't take Babers with him.