Coyle leaving for Minnesota AD job | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Coyle leaving for Minnesota AD job

bcubs9497 said:
Good riddance, and not in the least surprised.

Curious.

Why is that?

Rough news but at least its coming at the end of the school year so the school has several months to get a new person on board before the start of football season. Felt like Coyle really understood college athletics and could be here for a while, pretty big blow. No idea where Syracuse turns now, with Gross still around might as well slap the interim tag on him he knows the situation better then anyone.

I call BS on "family reasons." Shafer quit MD for a family matter and is unemployed. Coyle is leaving for more cash and/or a better athletic department. Fingers crossed that he doesn't take Babers with him.
The pay increase has to be very large I assume. Isn't Minny one of the largest University's in the country?

No I hear you. Few guys that probably should get the interim tag ahead of him. Not to mention, his new job title should keep him quite busy over the next several years. Don't know much about the guys Coyle brought in, wonder if they stay or follow him again.

I'd be happy if Kim got the job. But he does like to bring his people with him.

Rough news but at least its coming at the end of the school year so the school has several months to get a new person on board before the start of football season. Felt like Coyle really understood college athletics and could be here for a while, pretty big blow. No idea where Syracuse turns now, with Gross still around might as well slap the interim tag on him he knows the situation better then anyone.

Pete Sala

He's been looking. Didn't like the job here.

Also I am sure this development will also help our woes with football scheduling a ton. At this rate were going to be scheduling games for 2017 at this point next year. Hopefully Coyle takes Frazier with him.

rrlbees said:
He's been looking. Didn't like the job here.

So it was "personal reasons," not "family reasons."

Interesting.

AgentOrange said:
I call BS on "family reasons." Shafer quit MD for a family matter and is unemployed. Coyle is leaving for more cash and/or a better athletic department. Fingers crossed that he doesn't take Babers with him.
Babers isn't going anywhere. Coyle had some personality differences...

Too messed up to fix.

Our program is better than Minnesota. Only thing SU football needs to fix is football which we are working on. Not like the Gophers are world beaters in bball or football or any sport other than hockey.