Coyle leaving for Minnesota AD job | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Coyle leaving for Minnesota AD job

OH MY GAWD. Coyle is a joke.
Awful to hear. He didn't even tell Dino. Who knows what is going through Dino's head now. I don't like this news at all.

Just when we had some stability with our football program from the AD down and started to move in the right direction in recuriting and such this curve-ball is not good

Absolutely classless move by Coyle and I don't give a hoot about his perceived issues, personal or otherwise. The University isn't innocent in this either. Pretty obvious the guy wasn't vetted properly.
something is odd.

either they lied to him, or he lied to us.

if hes the 1 lying then we didn't do a good job.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lied to him though.

11 months and hes rip-cording out to Minnesota is not the norm.

Just like a sneak thief. In the door, all smiles, out the back door with an Irish goodbye.

Finwad32 said:
The worst part is, I do think this is a homerun hire. And, it will ultimately be Coyle's legacy.
F it. Just have Babers do it.

My girls play travel softball. I was at one of their practices a couple Sundays ago diligently keeping track, on this board, of both our men's and women's lax teams playing in their respective ACC championship games. I look up from my phone to see Coyle standing down the way talking to another dad as their son's were practicing baseball. I thought it odd that he was not personally attending one of those lax games and found it even more odd that he seemed to not even care about what was happening because he wasn't following either at all. I almost wanted to go up to him to let him know how the teams were doing and update him on the rain delay in the men's game. Weird then, makes more sense now.

A friend on the hill said it is many issues, but one was that he was intent on hiring some of his former colleagues in brand new high level positions, and Syverud said 'no'. Coyle was upset with that answer, and was looking for a situation that would work since that time.

I'm passing along second hand info, so take it for what it's worth. It does fit the narrative that the chancellor wanted to make the athletic department (along with other departments on campus) a bit more trim.

Wasn't all that discussed during the interview process?

If I'm making the hire, I'd want someone with broader athletics experience, ideally some experience at other institutions.

Maybe Pete could do the job, but he'd have a learn a ton on the fly, there's so much more to it than logistics and managing a budget.

Interim

Finwad32 said:
Just like a sneak thief. In the door, all smiles, out the back door with an Irish goodbye.
Is an Irish goodbye a stinking wet fart? Because that's what this is.

You've opened a Huge can of worms.

How so?

Bees is the one who opened the can. I don't associate too screwed up to fix with someone thinking he's a (unless that definition has changed).

There's another term I'd use.

But would love to know more about where our challenges appear to be.

My girls play travel softball. I was at one of their practices a couple Sundays ago diligently keeping track, on this board, of both our men's and women's lax teams playing in their respective ACC championship games. I look up from my phone to see Coyle standing down the way talking to another dad as their son's were practicing baseball. I thought it odd that he was not personally attending one of those lax games and found it even more odd that he seemed to not even care about what was happening because he wasn't following either at all. I almost wanted to go up to him to let him know how the teams were doing and update him on the rain delay in the men's game. Weird then, makes more sense now.

There is seemingly a lot to rag on him about in this current situation, but leaving work behind for a little bit when attending something for his kid isn't one of them.

Awful to hear. He didn't even tell Dino. Who knows what is going through Dino's head now. I don't like this news at all.

Just when we had some stability with our football program from the AD down and started to move in the right direction in recuriting and such this curve-ball is not good

good news is no backroom deal in place for Babers to leave for "personal reason" too

Bees is the one who opened the can. I don't associate too screwed up to fix with someone thinking he's a (unless that definition has changed).

There's another term I'd use.

But would love to know more about where our challenges appear to be.
exactly, who knows what a players parent wanted that made him think he was a .

for all we know he wanted $$ and coyle said no Fn way.

now what bees said...lets explore that.

Well, I think it's safe to say that Dino won't be following Coyle to Minnesota are anywhere else for that matter.

There is seemingly a lot to rag on him about in this current situation, but leaving work behind for a little bit when attending something for his kid isn't one of them.

ehhh... not in this case. I am all about work/life balance but 2 Lax teams playing at the same time for conference championships and he isnt even following along is super weird. Its his job.

KaiserUEO said:
exactly, who knows what a players parent wanted that made him think he was a . for all we know he wanted $$ and coyle said no Fn way. now what bees said...lets explore that.

Coyle thought he'd get a honeymoon.

The chancellor didn't give him much of one.

Later.

I just hope too messed up to fix doesn't include the renovation of the Dome. If all we're getting is a roof replacement we might as well send out inquiries to the Patriot League and Colonial Atletic Association right now.

CusefanATL said:
good news is no backroom deal in place for Babers to leave for "personal reason" too
I'm pretty sure Babers has said he's looking at this as a potential last stop

Right now, so many teams are really doing well. I am not sure what the problems in the AD's office are, but the next AD needs to see how successful we are set up to be and not piss himself at the internal issues.