Coyle leaving for Minnesota AD job | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Coyle leaving for Minnesota AD job

Huh. Guess we'll remember him like we remember Chris McCullough.

Without the benefit of advance notice, I hope SU just sticks an interim tag on one of his deputies and lets him or her try out the job for a year. Might save a little money and the athletic department isn't likely to be seeing any dramatic changes in the next year.

Pete Sala.

A friend on the hill said it is many issues, but one was that he was intent on hiring some of his former colleagues in brand new high level positions, and Syverud said 'no'. Coyle was upset with that answer, and was looking for a situation that would work since that time.

I'm passing along second hand info, so take it for what it's worth. It does fit the narrative that the chancellor wanted to make the athletic department (along with other departments on campus) a bit more trim.

Pete Sala.

If I'm making the hire, I'd want someone with broader athletics experience, ideally some experience at other institutions.

Maybe Pete could do the job, but he'd have a learn a ton on the fly, there's so much more to it than logistics and managing a budget.

Louie and Bouie said:
Absolutely classless move by Coyle and I don't give a hoot about his perceived issues, personal or otherwise. The University isn't innocent in this either. Pretty obvious the guy wasn't vetted properly.

National search.

Ha.