Cruz | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cruz

Is he getting NIL money from that tailgate? Awkward spot for the organizers. I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost his scholarship. Pretty egregious to swing at the back of another player’s head.
As a member of the committee that voted to give money to Enrique, I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about. The only awkwardness here comes from you and your uninformed, clueless post.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for Enrique to lose his scholarship. The punk on BC who started the altercation might get further discipline though……

As a member of the committee that voted to give money to Enrique, I can tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about. The only awkwardness here comes from you and your uninformed, clueless post.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for Enrique to lose his scholarship. The punk on BC who started the altercation might get further discipline though……
The TV coverage didn’t even show the altercation at all live, but they showed a replay shortly after that clearly shows the BC player spitting. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE watching at home that was actually paying attention could clearly see the BC player spit at Cruz before Cruz reacted.

I give the benefit of the doubt to anyone at the game because it may not have been that easy to see. But hopefully if they were harsh towards EC post game, they’ve now corrected their position after seeing the replay.

The TV coverage didn’t even show the altercation at all live, but they showed a replay shortly after that clearly shows the BC player spitting. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE watching at home that was actually paying attention could clearly see the BC player spit at Cruz before Cruz reacted.

I give the benefit of the doubt to anyone at the game because it may not have been that easy to see. But hopefully if they were harsh towards EC post game, they’ve now corrected their position after seeing the replay.
I am one of those who stand corrected. I was furious with Enrique after he threw those punches. But after hearing about what actually happened, I fully and completely understand why Enrique did what he did. And I absolutely feel horrible for him.

He was obviously genuinely upset as he walked off the field ...not in an angry way, but regretful for the whole situation

I am one of those who stand corrected. I was furious with Enrique after he threw those punches. But after hearing about what actually happened, I fully and completely understand why Enrique did what he did. And I absolutely feel horrible for him.

He was obviously genuinely upset as he walked off the field ...not in an angry way, but regretful for the whole situation
He'd been beaten on a few plays, then this happened and the frustration boiled over. He should feel bad he let the emotions get the best of him. Forgivable considering the circumstances

#6 is a dirty player. He was in on a lot of stuff all night long. On the play before the spit, he puts one of our OL in a headlock.

He also went high in Shrader (thank you) and changed the momentum of the game.

And then after the game he sucker punches one of our guys.

#6 is a punk *****. He was all night and especially there. If you spit in another man's face you deserve whatever life serves you.

Hopefully he's not a senior and the dome treats him properly next year. Signs everywhere talking the absolute worst **** about him that one could imagine

I’m about as peaceful as someone can be and if someone spit in my face I can’t see reacting any other way than he did, probably worse actually. Expecting him to let that roll off his back really isn’t reasonable imo, the young man is not a robot.

I’m about as peaceful as someone can be and if someone spit in my face I can’t see reacting any other way than he did, probably worse actually. Expecting him to let that roll off his back really isn’t reasonable imo, the young man is not a robot.

Yeah, I'd never condone punching someone on the field, but I will gladly state that I understand the reaction and wouldn't think that I would react and differently, especially being 18 or 19 years old.

Does anyone know who the commentators were for the game? They blamed SU and the flag planting for the entire thing (which makes no sense). I’m guessing Boston homers?

Does anyone know who the commentators were for the game? They blamed SU and the flag planting for the entire thing (which makes no sense). I’m guessing Boston homers?
Tom Werme, James Bates & Wiley Ballard did the game.

Werme is a Syracuse grad.

Bates played linebacker for Florida. He really like the chowder served in the press box and that might have made him root for BC. ;)

Thought Werme was okay. He is a vanilla announcer to me. Nothing great, nothing awful.

Bates got player numbers confused, made statements and took them back and seemed confused most of the time. I don't remember him making making astute observations or providing any good insights into what was going on. Color analysts who don't provide analysis are not my cup of tea.

I think this is typical for him and is why he is on the Q team for ESPN college football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom