Curtis Dukes to talk with SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Curtis Dukes to talk with SU

the verbal abuse the penn st. players will get on the road will have many of them thinking they should have gotten the death penalty.

Any fan that stoops to that low deserves to be shot, in the knee caps and balls. These are still 18-22 year old kids that did nothing.

Any fan that stoops to that low deserves to be shot, in the knee caps and balls. These are still 18-22 year old kids that did nothing.

Jackpot ... spot on.

Daquan Jones - DT out of Johnson City, NY. Recruited as an OG I believe. 6'3" 317.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure but I know what really sold him on PSU was his recruiting coach - Mike McQueary and that the two have maintained a close relationship during his time at State College.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I think Dukes might start immediately as our running back. 5.8 per carry is not an H-back. He could be a power guy with speed.

At the least, he helps create a great backfield rotation. A solid and dependable running game is just what we need.

Not sure but I know what really sold him on PSU was his recruiting coach - Mike McQueary and that the two have maintained a close relationship during his time at State College.

Well, McQueary is gone now so maybe he's teetering.

I think Dukes might start immediately as our running back. 5.8 per carry is not an H-back. He could be a power guy with speed.

He has the ability to knock off Jerome and AAM for that power back role.

@OrangeFizz
Just talked w/ PSU RB Curtis Dukes' HS coach Cory Marsell. He just chatted w/ Curtis today. Says Dukes will most likely stay at PSU this yr.

@OrangeFizz
Despite Dukes' interest in Syracuse, Marsell told me SU never got in touch w/ Curtis. More on http://orangfizz.net tomorrow morning. -Fitz

Being from the north country would had loved to see Dukes at SU but bigger concern is having enough depth to not depend on freshman.

My guess: If you sign Dukes, you could piss off Gus and lose him and Ebenezer.

why bring dukes when we can possibly get he same out of j smith and ameen moore? I understand dukes is bigger and faster and recruited more heavily, But that doesn't mean dukes will not struggle in a new system, new school, new environment. Transferring is a big transition especially a week before practices. Dukes has barely been on the field at Ped st. j smith has been in the system for 3 years now. I expect him to excel and I think the staff thinks he will be a quality back. My only reason to bring dukes in will be for depth. j smith has been injury prone. Other that that I dont know why people are so interested in getting dukes.

My guess is that Doug decided his friendship with OB was more important

Or maybe Doug's relationship with the HS coaches in NYC and LI was more important.

Could be that but could also be Doug wont talk to him until Dukes decides he definitely leaving and he hasn't done that yet. I think he is waiting to see what their #1 back, who visited USC, is going to do.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dukes has said that Redd's decision will have no bearing on his. I understand the NYC & LI relationships thing but because Dukes is a north country kid (albeit via Fort Drum) and perhaps desired to play closer to his immediate family and friends, it seemed to be less about exploiting anyone or situation. But I may be a little PollyAnnish on that one.

If that's the case he would never have contacted O'Brien directly to express interest in PSU players, which O'Brien confirmed himself. Why bother?

Maybe the staff doesn't feel there's a need at RB, they would know better than any of us anyway.

kcsu said:
My guess is that Doug decided his friendship with OB was more important​
If that's the case he would never have contacted O'Brien directly to express interest in PSU players, which O'Brien confirmed himself. Why bother?

Maybe his buddy asked him not to steal his potential starting RB if Redd transfers.

Or O'Brien gave him a reason not to pursue him further (possible academic issues, etc.).

Or as stated above, Doug agreed not to contact players until they've informed O'Brien that they are planning to transfer. Not sure how the Dukes quotes (were they actual quotes or internet speculation?) about looking at SU would play into this one.

Sure, that makes sense, especially when you consider that if Edwards redshirts they wouldn't ever even battle for PT.

^^^sarcasm^^^

Word out of SC is that Dukes ain't leaving. Siege mentality down there for the most part. Wagons are circled and Dukes now has a chance to be the main man anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom