Curtis Dukes to talk with SU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Curtis Dukes to talk with SU

Word out of SC is that Dukes ain't leaving. Siege mentality down there for the most part. Wagons are circled and Dukes now has a chance to be the main man anyway.
actually his chances of being the "main man" are now almost zero at PSU as Silas Redd announced he is staying.

George Morris not listed in the media guide. Marrone says he expects him in camp and eligible but if he's not I think they should try and bring in Dukes.

Anyone know for sure if DeVante McFarlane is going to start out at RB?

My guess: If you sign Dukes, you could piss off Gus and lose him and Ebenezer.

Maybe, but Gus hasn't signed anything yet, so he could still change his mind regardless of what happens with Dukes and Ebenezer is at best 50/50 for SU. Or, one or both could have issues that keep them from ever making it to SU. There are no guarantees. You take the maximum amount of the highest talented players you can get and work from there, imo. When you start not taking guys so as not to lose others, you are setting yourself up for problems (i.e. Mike Vick situation).

actually his chances of being the "main man" are now almost zero at PSU as Silas Redd announced he is staying.

I have heard that, too. This situation will be fluid for another week or two, regardless, based on instinct and some things I have gotten out of State College and from the PSU interwebs community, I think most of the team stays there. I have been led to believe the siege mentality is a big part, including the fact the team is still on TV, still will play to a packed house, is still treated as demigods in town and on campus, and is working on some "really great away games late in the season. Now that Joe's gone, we don't have to let Sparty be the last game on the schedule."

I have heard that, too. This situation will be fluid for another week or two, regardless, based on instinct and some things I have gotten out of State College and from the PSU interwebs community, I think most of the team stays there. I have been led to believe the siege mentality is a big part, including the fact the team is still on TV, still will play to a packed house, is still treated as demigods in town and on campus, and is working on some "really great away games late in the season. Now that Joe's gone, we don't have to let Sparty be the last game on the schedule."

Redd left as have a few others in the last couple days.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Redd left as have a few others in the last couple days.

Well I guess that's what I get for not talking to anyone since Friday and working 10 hours yesterday. Thanks.

He will stay at PSU for sure now that Redd is gone. I don't see but a few hecklers on the road, most rationale people know the team had nothing to do with the scandal. I think PSU will struggle and possibly be a 4 or 5 win team this year. Anyone know if a PSU player can decide even next year if they wish to transfer, or if they have to make the move now?

He will stay at PSU for sure now that Redd is gone. I don't see but a few hecklers on the road, most rationale people know the team had nothing to do with the scandal. I think PSU will struggle and possibly be a 4 or 5 win team this year. Anyone know if a PSU player can decide even next year if they wish to transfer, or if they have to make the move now?
They have until the start of the 2013 season to transfer without penalty.

@OrangeFizz
Breaking Fizz: PSU RB/Watertown product Curtis Dukes tells us he's staying, disappointed he didnt get SU interest.

Ha, he had his shot with us!

Not knowing what Marrone's thoughts are of Dukes as a player, I'll bite my tongue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom