Cuse Announces $150M Fundraising Initiative to Create Unsurpassed Student-Athlete Experience: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Announces $150M Fundraising Initiative to Create Unsurpassed Student-Athlete Experience:

I don’t see it that way. Lally donated the $25m seed money 2 years ago.
How many people donate 25mm without being supportive of the existing structure and staff in place. Babers has been intimately involved in the effort.

Hope the end of the article isn’t lost on people.

“As part of the vision for the Lally Complex transformation, the Department of Athletics is considering enhancements that include the creation of a new Football Operations Center; a One Team Center, which will be utilized by all of Syracuse University's Olympic sports teams; a student-athlete academic center to expand resources for academic support and professional and career development; updated dining and nutrition facilities; renovated locker rooms, medical training and strength and conditioning facilities; and modernized facades on the exterior of the complex.”

Mullen will be on board with this. Perfect timing.

How many people donate 25mm without being supportive of the existing structure and staff in place. Babers has been intimately involved in the effort.
32C5B9FE-3470-4F6F-870F-42AF22010240.jpeg

Lol and y’all thought we couldn’t afford the Dino buyout

Syracuse with this announcement is trying to stay relevant.

We lose to Pitt and you can figure Dino will be canned.

Syracuse wants football money

i read just the opposite. Think Dino is fine.

not sure said donors want their $ going to buy out Dino, big difference

As much as I think he should, I don't think Dino will be canned even with a loss to Pitt.

I agree though, that Syracuse wants to be a P5 school and is trying to stay relevant. So when the next conference realignment happens we aren't left on the outside looking in.

Does this commitment encompass the $7M donation from the Miron's back in November of '19 that was to go towards connecting the Barnes Center to the Dome? Or is that a separate project in addition to this?

Separate. And their donation wasn’t just for the walkway. It was for the libraries too and was seed money for the connection whose schedule has not been announced yet. They said eventually.

i read just the opposite. Think Dino is fine

I’m not sure you spend that much money and retain a coach who would have 5 losing seasons out of 6.

If Dino wins Saturday he stays for one more year.

Either way, very glad to have this addition. We most certainly need the football headquarters.

Hopefully they connect the arch with the dome too like originally talked about

Debt will no doubt fill the shortfall on the fundraising if this drags out. The ACC distributions could feed the general university’s debt service requirement on that obligation.

If I had it, I would. If I had Wiestman/Lally money, my name would be on everything from the buildings to the bidets. There would be a hologram of my face and smoke, like the powerful Wizard of Oz, every time Tucker scored a TD. I would literally be the most eccentric/annoying booster of all time. Pray I never hit the mega ball. I would haunt your dreams.

After consulting with my life coach, clergy and media influencers, I can say with unalloyed enthusiasm: I respect their decision.
This is vital for the athletic success of the University of Syracuse.

I thought this was a fundraising effort, AKA the school wants to spend other people's money. Not sure what you mean by "WE couldn't afford the buyout".

I doubt we ever see phase 2 to the Dome. They already spent $120 million and now another $150 million. You can’t say SU is going on the cheap. These are major investments for the athletic program. I originally heard $100 million, so $150 million is a lot of money. Kudos to the Board of Trustees for their long term vision. We have to make sure we have coaches in place to meet these expectations moving forward.

If I had it, I would. If I had Wiestman/Lally money, my name would be on everything from the buildings to the bidets. There would be a hologram of my face and smoke, like the powerful Wizard of Oz, every time Tucker scored a TD. I would literally be the most eccentric/annoying booster of all time. Pray I never hit the mega ball. I would haunt your dreams.
I can see it now - The "Nahson Pee through".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom