Cuse Announces $150M Fundraising Initiative to Create Unsurpassed Student-Athlete Experience: | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Announces $150M Fundraising Initiative to Create Unsurpassed Student-Athlete Experience:

Football and hoops are living in University Village, which for now looks pretty nice.
As long as we add bowling alleys , slides from one level to the nest ( as in playground type ) small movie theatre, 80 inch flatscreens for video games , recreational swimming pool. ( all things I have seen at some of f the factories)

As long as we add bowling alleys , slides from one level to the nest ( as in playground type ) small movie theatre, 80 inch flatscreens for video games , recreational swimming pool. ( all things I have seen at some of f the factories)
And the: "Swish" Pony Ride and Lazy River complex.

Football and hoops are living in University Village, which for now looks pretty nice.

Is University Village owned by SU? If so, I didn't realize that. I thought it was privately built, but perhaps they purchased it? Regardless, while they are certainly "nice" places for college students, they aren't exactly located in an exciting area, and are 2 miles from the main campus area. They also aren't packed with any amenities that many new-build student housing facilities have. It's one of the oldest large student housing additions near the university, so I'm sure it doesn't match what a lot of the newer facilities have.

Had nothing to do with this weekend.

You mean at 7 pm on Saturday night, Wildhack didn't demand an in person emergency meeting of his staff, working overnight and all day Sunday with the goal of coming up with some kind of story to get out to the press on Monday because we lost to NC State and Colgate on the same day?"

Fine! But that's how it happened in my head.

I so so so so so wish that he had a press conference this afternoon about it instead. And just leaked that he was having a press conference this afternoon. Just to watch the speculation explosion.

Is University Village owned by SU? If so, I didn't realize that. I thought it was privately built, but perhaps they purchased it? Regardless, while they are certainly "nice" places for college students, they aren't exactly located in an exciting area, and are 2 miles from the main campus area. They also aren't packed with any amenities that many new-build student housing facilities have. It's one of the oldest large student housing additions near the university, so I'm sure it doesn't match what a lot of the newer facilities have.

I don't think so, but it's near Manley and that's really what they want (to be close to the facilities). Just want to dispel the idea that they're living in South Campus post war housing.

You mean at 7 pm on Saturday night, Wildhack didn't demand an in person emergency meeting of his staff, working overnight and all day Sunday with the goal of coming up with some kind of story to get out to the press on Monday because we lost to NC State and Colgate on the same day?"

Fine! But that's how it happened in my head.

I so so so so so wish that he had a press conference this afternoon about it instead. And just leaked that he was having a press conference this afternoon. Just to watch the speculation explosion.

More like they had this story in the hoper for exactly this moment in the season or rushed it along when we bombed the last winnable game against Louisville. It helps take the sting off keeping Dino another year because they can’t come up with the buyout money for a lame duck coach.

Not sure who owns University Village but I believe it was built in 2009. It isn’t old. And it is a couple of blocks tops from Manley and the Melo Center..

I don’t think living quarters are an issue any longer, though some schools surely have things better here.

Not sure who owns University Village but I believe it was built in 2009. It isn’t old. And it is a couple of blocks tops from Manley and the Melo Center..

I don’t think living quarters are an issue any longer, though some schools surely have things better here.

Oh yeah I remember when it was built. I’m talking in relative terms, and 12 years is a lifetime in student housing, especially with the recent explosion of amenity-laden developments, both in Syracuse and across the country. They are certainly “adequate” but when you look at the housing options for other high major athletes, it pales in comparison, to put it mildly.

Oh yeah I remember when it was built. I’m talking in relative terms, and 12 years is a lifetime in student housing, especially with the recent explosion of amenity-laden developments, both in Syracuse and across the country. They are certainly “adequate” but when you look at the housing options for other high major athletes, it pales in comparison, to put it mildly.
SU needs better housing. Top priority

Hope the end of the article isn’t lost on people.

“As part of the vision for the Lally Complex transformation, the Department of Athletics is considering enhancements that include the creation of a new Football Operations Center; a One Team Center, which will be utilized by all of Syracuse University's Olympic sports teams; a student-athlete academic center to expand resources for academic support and professional and career development; updated dining and nutrition facilities; renovated locker rooms, medical training and strength and conditioning facilities; and modernized facades on the exterior of the complex.”
The facades really do need modernizing. Thanks for pointing that out Bees.

Was this the place JB invested in?

I made my decision to attend Oswego St. on Buckland's serving beer to 17 year olds...

Priorities...
I guess I just missed out on that at Oswego. We had Old City and Cheap Seats.

Don't know who owns them, but I think the university rented out a few buildings.

They're decent. Granite counters, microwave, oven, dishwasher(I think), in apartment laundry, everyone has their own bathroom, Central air, private movie theater available, etc.

UVA 4 bedroom units have small living rooms. The old single floor 2 bedrooms on South Campus had a good size living room, and bedrooms were slightly bigger. Good for hanging out in the living room, where UVA is more condusive to hanging out in the kitchen. They're pretty nice.

Last edited: