Cuse Announces $150M Fundraising Initiative to Create Unsurpassed Student-Athlete Experience: | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Announces $150M Fundraising Initiative to Create Unsurpassed Student-Athlete Experience:

They aren’t bad. I’m fact, they’d make for a great senior living facility. The reality though is that this is the type of stuff we’re competing with:

It's nice that they are designed for tall people. Private Chef is fantastic.

In reading through those? The 4 bedrooms only have 2 bathrooms. We have 4. Didnt see anything about private laundry. The pics showed similar bedrooms/bathrooms imo.

If you were a 4 star recruit? Would you go to Alabama - if you had to live in a small normal dorm? or would you go to a team that has a .400 winning percentage for decades, but it had a pretty nice apartment?

Winning is important.

It's nice that they are designed for tall people. Private Chef is fantastic.

In reading through those? The 4 bedrooms only have 2 bathrooms. We have 4. Didnt see anything about private laundry. The pics showed similar bedrooms/bathrooms imo.

If you were a 4 star recruit? Would you go to Alabama - if you had to live in a small normal dorm? or would you go to a team that has a .400 winning percentage for decades, but it had a pretty nice apartment?

Winning is important.

Alabama doesn't take 4 star recruits :)

Taste is subjective. For me. This is reminiscent of a 1960's strip mall, conveniece store, waiting to be torn down. :-(

_big_1920x1080_2.png

This doesn’t seem very fair to teams that don’t have these kind of donors.

sorry, thought this was an NIL thread.

Syracuse University Athletics official identity
’Cuse Athletics Fund​
Lally Athletics Complex Rendering Phase 1, Lobby with students walking

Syracuse Athletics Announces $150M Fundraising Initiative to Create Unsurpassed Student-Athlete Experience​

As part of Syracuse Athletics’ fundraising initiative, Manley Field House, which has been the hub of activity and the center of student-athlete life for Syracuse University’s athletics for nearly 60 years, will be, over time, transformed into the John A. Lally Athletics Complex, a state-of-the-art academic and athletics village that will benefit all student-athletes. Named after alumnus and three-time football letterwinner John Lally ’82, he and his wife, Laura, made a $25 million gift commitment in 2019 to jumpstart work on the project, which will be entirely funded by private philanthropy.
The new Lally Complex will support the academic and athletic experience of the 600 student-athletes across all sports at Syracuse University. Additional enhancements to the facility will be announced as new philanthropy is secured. As part of the vision for the Lally Complex transformation, the Department of Athletics is considering enhancements that include the creation of a new Football Operations Center; a One Team Center, which will be utilized by all of Syracuse University’s Olympic sports teams; a student-athlete academic center to expand resources for academic support and professional and career development; updated dining and nutrition facilities; renovated locker rooms, medical training and strength and conditioning facilities; and modernized facades on the exterior of the complex.
The first phase of the multi-million, multi-year project will commence in spring 2022. To learn more, visit:
John A. Lally Athletics Complex
To contribute or be contacted for additional information please email the ’Cuse Athletics Fund at caf.
Syracuse University Athletics official identity
’Cuse Athletics Fund
640 Skytop Rd., 2nd Floor
Syracuse, NY 13244-5180

They aren’t bad. I’m fact, they’d make for a great senior living facility. The reality though is that this is the type of stuff we’re competing with:

Kansas Basketball living facility is insane, compare that to ours and it is not even close.

Kansas Basketball living facility is insane, compare that to ours and it is not even close.
Are there pics of the units? All that stood out to me was that the 4 bedroom units only had 2 bathrooms. (We have 4) We dont have a 1/2 court basketball court, but they can go to Manley for that. Or Pool. Be curious to see what they look like.

To me, the proposed facade of the new facility looks horrible. GROSS.

Are there pics of the units? All that stood out to me was that the 4 bedroom units only had 2 bathrooms. (We have 4) We dont have a 1/2 court basketball court, but they can go to Manley for that. Or Pool. Be curious to see what they look like.

To me, the proposed facade of the new facility looks horrible. GROSS.
There's a YouTube video on it, I'll try to dig it up tomorrow but it looked like a paradise for a college bball player.

Very Mies van der Rohe.
German for Brutally Ugly.

BC and Northwestern's new facilities look decent. Why can't ours be pleasing to the eye? For me, that's straight up GROSS. If it was my $$, and an "Architect" showed me that? I would fire them on the spot. No 2cnd chance. Fortunately, my town has torn down almost all those 60's "modern" buildings, because people have eyes. Thank goodness.

Last edited:
I continue to believe that facilities just need to be good enough. I mean, that’s great that Kansas has apartments that look like the Waldorf-Astoria, but that’s not why a top 50 recruit is going there.

I don’t think think high school athletes are terribly different in their perspective than other high school kids. The primary draws of college are program status (athletics or academics), staff quality (coaches, professors), culture and fit. In my experience, facilities are the cost of entry — if they’re on par, then decisions are made based on those primary draws.

There was a point where SU was not remotely on par with peer schools in terms of facilities. I think we cleared that hurdle a while ago. Now it’s about maintaining and expanding, which sadly past ADs were utterly negligent in doing.

Gropiusing around with the brutalist bauhaus style......very cold industrial looking. Dreaming of the coming sports factory.

Interesting that they wrote an article without listing an amount, but these types of features seem to be limited to 7 figure-plus gifts.
Not at all. This celebrates the 100th member of the Legends Society that starts with a $25,000 commitment over 5 years. $5k per year exclusive of donations tied to ticketing. I have had two friends featured in these blurbs that are not close to million dollar donors.

Based on personal experience. at the top of the list of any HS student is housing. Housing is number one on many kids list. To have your own room and bathroom is a great facility is as solid a recruiting tool as you can find. It trumps any locker room lazy river or amenity that a school can provide. SU need so keep a strong focus on housing