Cuse opens as 14.5 road dogs vs Duke. | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens as 14.5 road dogs vs Duke.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Keep the intensity going. Not saying Duke is not a good team, because they are, but I don't think our guys will be intimidated. Perfect time to play at Duke. School not in session, so our guys are completely focused and Muffy and Biff are home popping collars and not camping out in Scheyerville.

I was guessing 11 or so but 14- is a huge number.
Wonder when the last time we won a game when that big of a dog?

Apparently Vegas doesn’t believe in 10-3… they are trying to get some Cuse fans to part with their Xmas present money from grandma with that line.

The fouls could come thick and fast. Trying to stop Filipowski and Roach won't be easy.

I worry about Judah picking up early fouls and Cope as well. You can't tell them to back off the aggressiveness because that is becoming the hallmark of this team. But they need to understand quickly what the refs are going to allow.

If we have a couple guys foul out with 6-8 minutes to go, that spread is very real.

The fouls could come thick and fast. Trying to stop Filipowski and Roach won't be easy.

I worry about Judah picking up early fouls and Cope as well. You can't tell them to back off the aggressiveness because that is becoming the hallmark of this team. But they need to understand quickly what the refs are going to allow.

If we have a couple guys foul out with 6-8 minutes to go, that spread is very real.
I am afraid you are very right. The fouls are so concerning. I just want to keep it close so our guys won’t lose the mojo they discovered on Saturday. We will be accused of playing dirty, etc. I know how these games go.

It is possible we beat them. Hey, you never know!

unfortunately I think the current style of play is quite susceptible to "reffing influence"...as opposed to, say, a team that scores from a lot of 3pt shooting...

dribble drives can either be called closely or refs can let everything go...as we saw a huge difference in the 1st and 2nd half vs Pitt...and subsequent results.

plus Duke probably gets the best homecourt reffing of any team i've ever seen.

this spread scares me a bit...
but i think it is based on what happened in Maui...

and this is a different team.

havent watched Duke play but I predict a competitive game.

Sidenote: and its almost like they lifted the number straight from Kenpom: Duke is +23 and Su is +9 = 14 point differential

Wow, 14.5 point roads dogs feels a bit much.

I was considering making the 6-hour drive from Atlanta until I saw it was a 9:00 tip.. and we go back to school on Wednesday. Teacher workday/no students but still...

No idea how we guard Flipowski (spelling?).

McLeod has no chance so I’m curious how long Red sticks with him. Brown is great but he’s giving up about 4 inches

I do suspect Red will try a few different things. If we can slow him down I think we have a great shot

I’m probably blacking out but I don’t remember that big of a line against us before?

Four things working against us:
1. We are terrible guarding the 3 and Duke, like UVA will take advantage of that.
2. We are horrific shooting from 3 ourselves.
3. Our biggest strength on offense is the drive and foul line. The refs will just not allow that in a game at Duke.
4. Our second biggest strength is our aggressive and somewhat handsy defense. Again, the refs will not allow this.

I suspect Duke will hit 12+ 3s and that Judah will almost certainly foul out. I also predict Brown will be in almost instant foul trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom