Cuse Players in NFL Draft process | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Players in NFL Draft process

Came across this in the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins have reached out to several more front-seven defenders in recent days, including Mississippi’s Qaadir Sheppard, Charlotte’s Alex Highsmith, Temple’s Shaun Braldey and Syracuse’s Ken Coleman.
Coleman had 10 tackles for loss and two sacks last season. Zierlein calls him “a marginal athlete with average physical traits who has put in the work to become stronger, more durable and more skilled as a rusher.”

I'm sure he has spoken to numerous teams in the lead up to the draft but first one I have seen where its been public the team has interest.

Here's hoping that both Ken Coleman and Al Robinson are drafted this upcoming week.

Here's hoping that both Ken Coleman and Al Robinson are drafted this upcoming week.

I'm not even going to pretend I'm a draft expert but I'm confident those 2 will get selected. Might not be as high as hoped, but they will get picked. I think Trishton and Hof are looking at FA deals but they won't have to wait long.

I'm not even going to pretend I'm a draft expert but I'm confident those 2 will get selected. Might not be as high as hoped, but they will get picked. I think Trishton and Hof are looking at FA deals but they won't have to wait long.

Yeah, this. I agree 144%.

WR is crazy deep this year, so Trishton will likely have to go the UDFA route, which is fine.
Has a lot more control over where he lands that way, so he'll have a better shot at sticking.

Punters don't often get drafted, but Das Hof is certainly worthy of it.
That said, he'll end up with a UDFA deal soon enough, and just like Riley did, will beat out the incumbent dude, and have a long and productive Pro career.

As a WR its probably better to be UDFA then 7th round imo.

Came across this in the Miami Herald:

The Dolphins have reached out to several more front-seven defenders in recent days, including Mississippi’s Qaadir Sheppard, Charlotte’s Alex Highsmith, Temple’s Shaun Braldey and Syracuse’s Ken Coleman.
Coleman had 10 tackles for loss and two sacks last season. Zierlein calls him “a marginal athlete with average physical traits who has put in the work to become stronger, more durable and more skilled as a rusher.”

I'm sure he has spoken to numerous teams in the lead up to the draft but first one I have seen where its been public the team has interest.
So a former Cuse end in Sheppard as well.

The thing about Hofrichter isn’t just that he can bang punts with great hang time - he can, or that he can nail the ball down in the corners - he can. It’s that he has so many different types of kicks in his arsenal.

Alright. I’m going to be that guy. First of all Coleman is a beast. I hope he has great success in the NFL. SU could use another stud in the NFL. It’s good for the profile and identity of the program.

But you know what else is good for the program? When people can recognize your team. I just watched that freaking video on Coleman, and you would never know he plays for the same, one team let alone for Syracuse. Twenty different uniforms? Really? Let’s say it’s draft night and they show SU players in the draft. Let’s say we had a bunch of them. Wouldn’t it be great if people saw these videos and saw Syracuse... and then Syracuse again.., and then hey there’s Syracuse again! Holy cow SU has a lot of good players! No. They won’t think that because the average fan will have no clue that those kids are all from SU.

Sorry. End of rant. Just got to get our brand together. Holy carp!

Alright. I’m going to be that guy. First of all Coleman is a beast. I hope he has great success in the NFL. SU could use another stud in the NFL. It’s good for the profile and identity of the program.

But you know what else is good for the program? When people can recognize your team. I just watched that freaking video on Coleman, and you would never know he plays for the same, one team let alone for Syracuse. Twenty different uniforms? Really? Let’s say it’s draft night and they show SU players in the draft. Let’s say we had a bunch of them. Wouldn’t it be great if people saw these videos and saw Syracuse... and then Syracuse again.., and then hey there’s Syracuse again! Holy cow SU has a lot of good players! No. They won’t think that because the average fan will have no clue that those kids are all from SU.

Sorry. End of rant. Just got to get our brand together. Holy carp!
The opposite point is that the twenty unis make it trickier to id is when we’re the team getting burned/sacked/juked by opposing players who are drafted #mrbrightside

The opposite point is that the twenty unis make it trickier to id is when we’re the team getting burned/sacked/juked by opposing players who are drafted #mrbrightside
I’d like to think that those days are mostly behind us...

Maybe, but better to be seen and recognized than not recognized at all.

What are we thinking? How many guys are likely to be drafted?

I'll go with 2 -- Robinson & Coleman.

Jackson & Hof UFA's.

I believe Robinson will get drafted. I see him being a second day pick. Honestly don't know for the others. This is a receiver rich draft which could hurt Jackson. He's likely third day to UDFA.