Cuse @ UNLV Tix and Tailgate, Oct 5th | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse @ UNLV Tix and Tailgate, Oct 5th

I’m new to the group but just bought my tickets and airfare today. Can I get into the tailgate with a group of 2 of us?
Sorry

Yes...we have reached max capacity.

For next year, earmark an away trip or two and check this forum. I will pick at least 2 away games for a ticket buy and tailgate.

Next year could go down as one of the best away game schedules ever.

Last edited:
Sorry

Yes...we have reached max capacity.

For next year, earmark an away trip or two and check this forum. I will pick at least 2 away games for a ticket buy and tailgate.

Next year could go down as one of the best away game schedules ever.
This Year Vegas should be one for history!

Two Tix in C131 came available. They are not contiguous to our group but are very close.

$110 each includes tailgate

I will definitely take them! Will be nice to spend the day with Cuse fans!
Awesome

Shoot me your name, cell and email via direct message

Look for the "orange 1" notification located near the top of your syracusefan.com header

Reply back to me

HEY, I understand there may not be Hoffman hotdogs at the tailgate... Do we have a NYS->Vegas smuggling strategy? I can ship stuff to the hotel for pickup. :)

HEY, I understand there may not be Hoffman hotdogs at the tailgate... Do we have a NYS->Vegas smuggling strategy? I can ship stuff to the hotel for pickup. :)
Not yet...

I can get 60 coneys for $45 in a 10lbs box

If Adam has freezer space I might hand deliver to him

Pack in Dry Ice

Not yet...

I can get 60 coneys for $45 in a 10lbs box

If Adam has freezer space I might hand deliver to him

Pack in Dry Ice
I can probably do the same or more... Everyplate/HelloFresh/ButcherBoxes :) IT will cost 100 bucks to ship maybe 200 dogs.

I'm in NY now, and might try to fly some dogs back when I head to Vegas in a few weeks. Keep ya guys posted.

I'm in NY now, and might try to fly some dogs back when I head to Vegas in a few weeks. Keep ya guys posted.

Syracuse Crate also ships Hoffman's and Basilio's products, I believe in 3 or less business days. Anyone ever use them? Might be easier than trying to transport a suitcase full of hot dogs on a plane.

Syracuse Crate also ships Hoffman's and Basilio's products, I believe in 3 or less business days. Anyone ever use them? Might be easier than trying to transport a suitcase full of hot dogs on a plane.

A decade or so ago I was a little drunk and randomly on the Hoffman's website. Ended up having 20 pounds of dogs (10 white, 10 reds) shipped to Alaska for like $30 shipping or something wild like that. It was a glorious summer.
Tried again the next year, and shipping was well over $100. I don't think they had planned on any Alaska shipments when they made their pricing structure, and quickly updated it lol

A decade or so ago I was a little drunk and randomly on the Hoffman's website. Ended up having 20 pounds of dogs (10 white, 10 reds) shipped to Alaska for like $30 shipping or something wild like that. It was a glorious summer.
Tried again the next year, and shipping was well over $100. I don't think they had planned on any Alaska shipments when they made their pricing structure, and quickly updated it lol
I've used them before but 150 bucks is kinda pricy... I know I can get a 50 dollar suitcase of dogs on the plane... It's the ice factor is all.

Adam grocery stores run specials over Labor Day. Try Tops or Price Chopper. The big bags usually hold 17 each.

Just concentrate on the snappy grillers (white ones) if given a choice

I've used them before but 150 bucks is kinda pricy... I know I can get a 50 dollar suitcase of dogs on the plane... It's the ice factor is all.
Dry ice...I think that works for carry on.

Edit:

It does but you need a special container

I have not used them, but have friends out here who have ordered from them at the holiday time.

Something like this might work if you don't want to mess with dry ice

Dry Ice Packs for Shipping Frozen Food - Flexible Ice Blanket for Coolers - Shipping Cold Packs Keep Food Fresh and Beverage Cold - Dry Ice Pack Automatic Water Absorption- 24 Cells Each, 4 Sheets https://a.co/d/1HG5SFf

Might be price prohibited

If we get a couple folks bringing 60-80 coneys we'd have a decent amount.

It is mostly ex CNYers that will go crazy over them. The rest we can cook up Hebrew National and Kirklands.

Sadly I have about a $1000 sunk cost just to reserve enough room for some support cars and empty spots for roaming attendees, canopies and tables.

The Allegiant folks have a business driven NFL mindset. I had to prove to them I knew how to do a 200 person tailgate

According to the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), you can bring frozen food in your carry-on or checked bags, as long as it's non-liquid and packed with ice or ice packs in a cooler or other container. The ice or ice packs must be completely frozen when you go through security, and any liquid at the bottom of the container is not permitted. Here are some tips for packing frozen food to be TSA friendly:
  • Use insulated packaging
    Use a high-quality insulated cooler or thermal bag to maintain the temperature of your food. You can also place ice packs in an insulated bag or cooler to help keep them colder for longer.
  • Pack with dry ice or gel packs
    Dry ice or gel packs can help keep your food frozen. Gel packs are a good alternative to dry ice and can freeze at lower temperatures than water. If you use dry ice, make sure it's properly packaged, vented, and marked, and that you have airline approval.
  • Seal properly
    Make sure your frozen food is sealed in airtight, leak-proof containers or bags. If you're shipping something that could melt or thaw, you can double-bag it with watertight plastic bags.
  • Label your luggage
    Put a clear "Frozen Food" label on your bag or cooler to let security and baggage handlers know what's inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom