Daivon Ellison transferring to Duquesne | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Daivon Ellison transferring to Duquesne

20 scholarships available now. Still have some redshirt seniors left to decide. It’s crazy how the number always creeps up every year.

I wonder if the coaches already landed some grad transfers silently

Best of luck to him...however......Bodies, we need warm bodies...this lack of quality depth is getting old...

20 scholarships available now. Still have some redshirt seniors left to decide. It’s crazy how the number always creeps up every year.
It always does. Not crazy -- statistically predictable.
There is attrition every cycle. Players outside the 2 deep can size up their playing opportunity here; maybe there is a medical DQ, an academic issue, an adventure with the law, a player deciding he prefers to devote his time to something else. When you have 60 - 65 players with the potential to return, a handful won't.

Who’s next, Clausmen, Enoicy, Duerig, Henderson?
Would not be surprised. I think a possibility is Perkins too. He's going to be so far buried down the depth chart with the incoming RB's we have.

Unless he's willing to sit out a year, why would he go to MTSU? It's not like he's a freshman and has time to waste.

Would not be surprised. I think a possibility is Perkins too. He's going to be so far buried down the depth chart with the incoming RB's we have.

Gotta think Enoicy for sure. How many career catches does he have? Less than 5?

Best of luck to him. I really hope he finds a home in a non-P5 program where I think he could be a starter.

A DB body with a LB's mindset. I hope he finds a place that can use those skills...good luck Daivon!

There will be more. I think this class will be close to 25.

Big time hitter (pound for pound the hardest hitter on the team) but inadequate coverage skills. His ceiling here was probably a STs standout. Best of luck to him.
Spot on. Never thought he was a P5 level athlete. He made some bone shattering hits, and that's why we noticed him...not for his coverage skills.

Last edited:
Big time hitter (pound for pound the hardest hitter on the team) but inadequate coverage skills. His ceiling here was probably a STs standout. Best of luck to him.
I agree with the inadequate cover skills but Williams and foster can't tackle or cover. At least we had one of the two with Ellison. Had to be his height cause he played tough last year after Corey got hurt. Great open field tackler who took proper angles unlike our safeties this year. Sad to see him go. Played his butt off last year.

Looking back at that 2015 class, wow was it a dreadful one.

Horrible, Dungey being the notable exception. 2014 was not exactly great either. Some very good players (Ish, Erv, Slayton, Bennett, Roberts, Cordy etc) but a ton of misses. And people wonder why this is a long rebuild?

I was surpirsed many stayed when Dino was first hired. They are all leaving now. I think realized they are either being recruited over or not going to ever be able to see the field in this system and they are moving on. Wish them all the best of luck. I would expect a couple more players will be leaving also.

I'm
Him having to play was one of the main reasons the secondary stunk down the stretch. No speed or size. Shafer and Co brought him in to be the Shamarko-like wrecking ball, which he showed flashes of, but that wasn't going to cut it in the current scheme.

I'm not sure about this. He is better than 14 and 6 Sorry but he can tackle and he takes the right angles in run support. No one in that secondary can cover.

I'm not sure about this. He is better than 14 and 6 Sorry but he can tackle and he takes the right angles in run support. No one in that secondary can cover.
Rodney Williams isn't an ideal option in the secondary. I agree with you there. I'm giving Foster more time - I think he'll develop into a very good player. He had his moments this year and is a better athlete than Ellison.

But you said Ellison is a better tackler. The first touchdown run in the Louisville game, Ellison ran up to plug the hole, and bounced right off of the running back, who then took it to the house. I know this is a sample size of one, but if tackling is your strength and you do that, well, lack of coverage skills don't exactly compensate for bad tackling.

He played hard and hit hard. Got every ounce of performance he could from his undersized body.

I wish him the best wherever he ends up.
Spot on Tom. I wish him all the best at his next school.

Looking back at that 2015 class, wow was it a dreadful one.

That 2015 class had Dungey, Strickland, Chris Fredrick, Conway, Adams, Byrne, Clark, Ellison -- all of whom played early. Jordan Fredericks ran for 600 yards as a true frosh. Pickard, Ealey & Shepherd at DE were in that class. Lost 1 in that list to a medical DQ, and 2 DEs to misadventures with the law.

Wonder how Dino's 2015 class at BGSU has compared to this. For matter, what happened to BGSU?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom