Dan Dakich... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Dakich...

I don't care that he picked fluke to win. But by double digits, seems a bit overboard. I will admit, he hammered the iu fan base and every caller into his radio show after we stomped iu in the tourney last year. And he sang JB's praises big time. By the way that half time thing with Greenberg and Pearl was extra lame. That might have looked good on paper, but was worthless.

He said he'd take Craft at the end of the game over "every player out there".
Lol. ok.
Yeah, and he said so would every coach in the country would take him as their guard. I would love to hear JB's response when asked, "Would you trade Ennis for Craft?". LOL

Orangezoo said:
Please...

Lol. Dakich went on a 2 minute rant about that. I hate when announcers say that.

If you did a mixtape of dakich all year there would be 30 teams vying for #1 seeds..

Can we please ban any future whiny posts regarding when a national media analyst picks against us? I mean, cry me a river!

Last edited:
If he had said SU was gonna win big, everyone would be praising him. It's an opinion. Perspective folks.

Absolutely. Dakich has not demonstrated a clear bias that would impact his analysis. He is fair to every team, its going to be a close battle, and we should value his perspective whatever it is.

He is not Jimmy Dykes, who has UK coloured goggles.

Can we please ban any future posts regarding when a national media analyst picks against us? I mean, cry me a river!
6kp8e.jpg

New board rules
1- these rules are for fun

2- no tomfoolery
3- no thread hijacking
4- no hating uconn
5- no whining about analysts or writers
6-off topic means not on hoops board
7-... sounds like we whine too much.. even about those who whine. Lets just have fun and realize this is not work, not a visit to the in laws nor will it ever be the syracuse.com jungle.

Smile its duke day:)

I like Dakich. Just because someone picks against us doesn't mean they're an idiot. He was one of the few analysts who thought we would beat IU last year.

Yeah, like him too. It's not like his Duke pick is exactly rocket science either. Too bad no DC2. Hopefully Rak is ready to do some work inside. That's how Duke usually is beaten. Inside scoring and beaten up on the boards.

Dan Dakich is an idiot, always was and always will be. He ranks up there with Gottlieb....

Its so weird how a conference game feels more like a tourney game. Going to take a few seasons to get used to this.

Just think of how much sweeter it will be when he knock the blue devils off, given how many prognosticators are picking the upset.

They are really underestimating our kids.

We win tonight.

Just think of how much sweeter it will be when he knock the blue devils off, given how many prognosticators are picking the upset.

They are really underestimating our kids.

We win tonight.

All three guys on Gameday crew picked SU.

That sounds like you think Duke is the better team. They did lose to a N.D. team without Grant. The pitt game is so fresh in everyone's mind. They played great. If they play that way tonight, Duke will win. But that is a high mark to hit twice in two games.

Unfortunately, we're playing them NOW, not 2 months ago.

Remember that thing coaches say about teams have to keep getting better ...

Heard that too, and I respect Dakich. If you were going to design a team with the offensive personnel to give the zone problems, the current Duke team comes pretty close. Put Parker in the high post and surround him with shooters. No dominant big man but athletes on the front line that can compete on the boards. I just don't think it's a great matchup for us.

Duke has one of two critical ingredients needed to challenge our defensive system: very good outside shooting.

However, they fall consistently short on the other dimension--the ability to create second shots and score points off of offensive boards.

I'm not worried about the matchup. Just win baby.

iommi said:
All three guys on Gameday crew picked SU.

As did about 75% of the prognosticators.

1984 orwell. used to be required reading. now on disc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom