Dan Dakich... | Syracusefan.com

Dan Dakich...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Just said he thinks Duke is going to wipe the floor with us today.

Discuss.

A year and a half ago, I hoped that DCII would be the type of player that would wreak havoc on a soft internal team like Duke. Alas. I hope Grant, CJ, and Rak are up to it.

Heard that too, and I respect Dakich. If you were going to design a team with the offensive personnel to give the zone problems, the current Duke team comes pretty close. Put Parker in the high post and surround him with shooters. No dominant big man but athletes on the front line that can compete on the boards. I just don't think it's a great matchup for us.

He said he thinks Duke will win - not wipe the floor. He also raved about JB, the team, Tyler Ennis etc

Win by double digits. And that it wouldn't be close.

If he had said SU was gonna win big, everyone would be praising him. It's an opinion. Perspective folks.

Simply stating what he said.

if dakich wants to play mr. boldballs and pick ratface's devils to win big then just face the consequences...

if wrong...

1984_rats.jpg

If he had said SU was gonna win big, everyone would be praising him. It's an opinion. Perspective folks.
What perspective? The media HATES us! Everyone knows that. :rolleyes:

Coach to Coach. Coming up (With Seth Greenberg and Bruce Pearl) playing Coach K and Coach B respectively

who both could not wipe their dairy-airs of Coach K and Coach B!!!!

Definitely get the feeling they both think Duke is going to win.

I don't think this game is going to be very close 12 plus and we win going away

I could be off 180 degrees, but my personal perspective is that SU wins a close game or Duke wins by double digits.
I totally agree. If they can hit consistently from outside, it's going to be a long night. If not, a very even game that comes down to the last minutes.

I totally agree. If they can hit consistently from outside, it's going to be a long night. If not, a very even game that comes down to the last minutes.
That sounds like you think Duke is the better team. They did lose to a N.D. team without Grant. The pitt game is so fresh in everyone's mind. They played great. If they play that way tonight, Duke will win. But that is a high mark to hit twice in two games.

I think it's one way or the other. If Duke hits from outside, they win. If Duke doesn't, we shouldn't have any issue and I don't think it's that close. I just can't see Duke scoring consisntely enough if they can't hit from 3.

That sounds like you think Duke is the better team. They did lose to a N.D. team without Grant. The pitt game is so fresh in everyone's mind. They played great. If they play that way tonight, Duke will win. But that is a high mark to hit twice in two games.
I didn't say they were the better team. But I do think they are playing a bit better than we are right now. Also, I think we have some matchup problems that, if we let Duke exploit them, could lead to trouble. That being said, at the end of the day, I think we win. All I was doing was agreeing with Bees that if we win, it won't be a blowout win. But if someone wins by a lot, it would probably be Duke (given they have more players that we do that can hit consistently from outside).

Dakich repeats again duke by double digits. Duke has more to play for to move up the standings but this is our first acc battle so plenty on the line for both teams. Dakich just professed his first pick would be craft in putting a team together.

A year and a half ago, I hoped that DCII would be the type of player that would wreak havoc on a soft internal team like Duke. Alas. I hope Grant, CJ, and Rak are up to it.
They will be.

Their gamebreaker is dawkins. They have other shooters but he is the guy who can get red hot against good teams. Keep him down, force the tempo and keep parker working on defense and I like our chances. With that said I am excited to see how we match up with them regardless of outcome. Dukes proficiency from 3 has always been a topic for discussion on the board as to how we would match up. Clearly they thrive against physical mtm that overplays as pitt did. Against the zone they will be shooting out of a different type of flow. Should be fun

Orangezoo said:
Dakich repeats again duke by double digits. Duke has more to play for to move up the standings but this is our first acc battle so plenty on the line for both teams. Dakich just professed his first pick would be craft in putting a team together.

Craft has more heart than any basketball player out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom