Dan Mullen | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what a hc wants. If I’m a spouse I want to be in Wellesley or Brookline vs Solvay. Let’s be real. Syracuse is a better college town but Boston is a cosmopolitan place. It matters to some not all.
Dude come on man, Solvay?! Try Skaneateles.
65DEDC38-EC50-4745-B14B-9F0C68E3A6CE.png

I’ll give three guesses why Mullen’s name is not on Thamel’s list when he knows Mullen interviewed.

Mullen’s main concern was investment in athlete support and development, as well as assistant/advisor salary pool, but impressed by the facilities investment. Lots of tight lips today when people were a lot more chatty over the past week before he got on campus. I think that’s a good thing.

It depends on what a hc wants. If I’m a spouse I want to be in Wellesley or Brookline vs Solvay. Let’s be real. Syracuse is a better college town but Boston is a cosmopolitan place. It matters to some not all.
No coach is living in Solvay, that’s just stupid. We get it, you love Boston and BC as you mention them in every other post. Boston is a great city no doubt but it’s all about the better job and frankly the $$.

Is the guy on DT Sports a member of Addazio’s?

”Addazio won two national championships on Florida staffs, SEC experience, recruits local, is in SEC now at Texas A&M, works with OL & OL needs help.”

He fails to mention that his record at BC was 44-44. I guess that might be a good marketing campaign. We hired a guy with 44 wins.

yeah, and the cost of living is part of that. Compare what a million bucks will get you in syracuse and what it gets you in Boston.
I'm in NH, and the median price for a home is 900k, in my county. You can get a mobile home for $300k. You can get a great home in Cuse for any of those #'s...

How many people making $5-7M hang out in Solvay?

I've been gone for 20+ years, maybe it's changed?

No coach is living in Solvay, that’s just stupid. We get it, you love Boston and BC as you mention them in every other post. Boston is a great city no doubt but it’s all about the better job and frankly the $$.
I’m being sarcastic. Boston is a nicer place. Objectively speaking. Coaches don’t care because they are selfishly living in the football center. SOME spouses would prefer bc to Syracuse all things being equal (and at this point both programs are not far apart). Both will spend the same amount.

And yes I’m from Boston, family went to bc and holy cross and I went to Syracuse . Sorry I’m a bit spread out w other curiosity college football wise

I'm in NH, and the median price for a home is 900k, in my county. You can get a mobile home for $300k. You can get a great home in Cuse for any of those #'s...
I was talking about Boston. One of my close friends lives in Newton Mass. her house is nothing special. She paid well over a million 10 years ago. The same house in Enfield Ct where I live would be at most 250k. Boston is just a killer for living expenses.

Is the guy on DT Sports a member of Addazio’s?

”Addazio won two national championships on Florida staffs, SEC experience, recruits local, is in SEC now at Texas A&M, works with OL & OL needs help.”

He fails to mention that his record at BC was 44-44. I guess that might be a good marketing campaign. We hired a guy with 44 wins.
He is the Cous of “media/journalists”. Sorry Cous, love you bro

I’m being sarcastic. Boston is a nicer place. Objectively speaking. Coaches don’t care because they are selfishly living in the football center. SOME spouses would prefer bc to Syracuse all things being equal (and at this point both programs are not far apart). Both will spend the same amount.

And yes I’m from Boston, family went to bc and holy cross and I went to Syracuse . Sorry I’m a bit spread out w other curiosity college football wise
They may spend the same but they won't get the same. Boston is much more expensive and you know that.

Factor in that a lot of people have begun following Mullen.
I’m not sure this is what people are making it out to be. All it takes is some people to spread a rumour then everybody is curious and just clicks follow. Depends if it’s “people in the know” rather than random players or recruits.

My guess is an announcement before the end of the weekend and a Dino like halftime speech during the LSU game. This is purely speculation based on insiders from this thread. I trust Bees when he says he is coming back tomorrow. If he’s back in Cuse tomorrow have to think it’s for contract signings and an announcement. I’ve thought of any other possible reasons he would come twice in 3-4 days, along with all the other clues, and it is the only thing that makes logical sense.

Because Solvay is where all the coaches live. :confused:You pick two of the top suburbs of Boston and leave out all of the really nice suburbs of Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom