Dan Mullen | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to have to explain this but in modern times saying something extremely dumb on the internet can generate clicks and discussion which is all that matters for ad revenue. I doubt that person was serious about Don M but it seems to have worked as a marketing tactic.

Why drive an hour to Manchester , wait 2 hours for a flight, etc... Drive, straight to Cuse, and be here for a good night's sleep.
I think that during the broadcast, he said his mother lives in Manchester.

IMG_1217.png

Let's remember if this fails to come to fruition that we are all rational adults and that rational adults don't throw hissy fits on a fan forum, we are better than that.

If things don't break like we hope they will, we will all just go to Bulldog04 house and give him a code red.
Or a wedgie he'll never forget.

Not to rehash the past, but I was of the opinion that he and DeLeone had grown stale and tired, and we were losing our appeal in recruiting. The downward trajectory was real. The changes didn't work out, but were needed.
Through others, I was pretty close to the program during P’s last 2-3 years and during GRob’s first couple of years.
At the end of it for P, some players on the team were “un-recruiting” kids when they visited.

At this point I'd be very surprised if it wasn't Mullen or Chesney. I believe finances maybe a tricky part of the Mullen hire. Remember its not just HC salary its also assistants and NIL through SU donors that Mullen is looking for and wants locked in before accepting. I don't see White being the guy from everything I have heard as their are are some concerns.

We have confirmation Mullin was interviewed on campus. Strange no confirmation of anyone else. It would be weird to drag these guys to practice. Sometimes internet rumors can drag kids through the Syracuse fan echo chamber too.

I’d trust Thamel here. He broke the initial story because JW told him to. He’s now not giving us Mullin. That’s completely bizarre if he’s coming back and not on Thamel radar.

we have a much higher ceiling as a football program than BC. Syracuse is the only college game in town in all of upstate NY. Boston is a pro sports town.
It depends on what a hc wants. If I’m a spouse I want to be in Wellesley or Brookline vs Solvay. Let’s be real. Syracuse is a better college town but Boston is a cosmopolitan place. It matters to some not all.

We have confirmation Mullin was interviewed on campus. Strange no confirmation of anyone else. It would be weird to drag these guys to practice. Sometimes internet rumors can drag kids through the Syracuse fan echo chamber too.

I’d trust Thamel here. He broke the initial story because JW told him to. He’s now not giving us Mullin. That’s completely bizarre if he’s coming back and not on Thamel radar.
He could be keeping his mouth shut at the moment. JW will give him the exclusive if/when it happens

It depends on what a hc wants. If I’m a spouse I want to be in Wellesley or Brookline vs Solvay. Let’s be real. Syracuse is a better college town but Boston is a cosmopolitan place. It matters to some not all.
yeah, and the cost of living is part of that. Compare what a million bucks will get you in Syracuse and what it gets you in Boston.

I think that during the broadcast, he said his mother lives in Manchester.
He was in NH for Thanksgiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.