Dan Mullen | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am less and less interested in High School recruiting than I am with the transfer portal and this is where I think Dan Mullen would be successful. Once his offense starts putting up numbers again because of transfers I could see the northeast kids becoming interested.
I don't see us becoming a destination for top portal guys.

I don't see us becoming a destination for top portal guys.

Could be with his offense if he can get it going. Also should have the ear of QBs from the portal with the success he had with NFL QBs.

Thats what I'm saying. It wasn't a focus for them.
Well I mean put it in context. Not a focus for his staff is going from a top 10 class to 12th. We haven’t had a top 40 class in 20+ years. And they’re usually now at best in the low 50’s.

If the kids Mullen would recruit are not familiar with him I’d be willing to bet that their coaches know exactly who he is and would advise them very positively. If he wants the job you have to give him a shot.

Last edited:
Well I mean put it in context. Not a focus for his staff is going from a top 10 class to 12th. We haven’t had a top 40 class in 20+ years. And they’re usually now at best in the low 50’s.
I guess I mean for Florida's standard. I understand what you are saying now. It was work for you guys.

This Twitter account is claiming Dan Mullen to Syracuse after the season. It's run by a former college football coach of 10 years who has his own analytics company and is followed by Phil Steele etc. DOesn't seem like a complete quack.

https://x.com/js_ace_football/status/1720064503956541912?s=20

One of that guy's person's services is "guest blogging." I wonder if I could hire him to do some "guest posting?"

This Twitter account is claiming Dan Mullen to Syracuse after the season. It's run by a former college football coach of 10 years who has his own analytics company and is followed by Phil Steele etc. DOesn't seem like a complete quack.

https://x.com/js_ace_football/status/1720064503956541912?s=20
Sounds like more of a prediction than inside info.
I wonder if this thread is his source.

IMG_7337.jpeg

Yeah, who knows? He's followed by some legit people and if he did really coach for ten years he probably has some connections.

Yeah, who knows? He's followed by some legit people and if he did really coach for ten years he probably has some connections.
Maybe this is from feelers put out for if things don’t turn around this season.

I'm up for anything. Guy who doesn't like recruiting and just plays the portal game? Why not, what's the downside, Greg bad and babers bad, either way, I'm not that interested

I'm up for anything. Guy who doesn't like recruiting and just plays the portal game? Why not, what's the downside, Greg bad and babers bad, either way, I'm not that interested
Let’s stop with the doesn’t like recruiting trope … no coach likes it including our famous bologna chugger. He had very good classes at Florida and pulled in guys like Anthony Richardson.

Let’s stop with the doesn’t like recruiting trope … no coach likes it including our famous bologna chugger. He had very good classes at Florida and pulled in guys like Anthony Richardson.
If you can’t get good classes at a Florida you have a major problem. You never need to go more than two hours from your campus. SU should be so lucky.

If you can’t get good classes at a Florida you have a major problem. You never need to go more than two hours from your campus. SU should be so lucky.
Fair but every school goes to Florida to grab talent … it’s his contacts that matter. He also competes with schools like Bama, UGA etc for talent.

Good classes as compared to Alabama. Not good classes period.

Fair but every school goes to Florida to grab talent … it’s his contacts that matter. He also competes with schools like Bama, UGA etc for talent.
Right and theoretically with his years in the college football world he would most likely be able to use the portal quite well, which is obviously growing more important by the year.

Can't say it would work here like it did for Miss State and Florida but on paper at least this would be a home run hire.
Anyone with sec head coaching experience would be great. Getting one with 100 something wins is huge. If this is true I would come back to buy seasons. This move would let ppl know we are serious and not cash checkers.

Hiring a name coach would show the fans the School was interested in

Hiring a name coach would show the fans the School was interested in Winning.
Didn't Mullen get a show cause order while he was at Florida? Is it over. Believe he was also at Mississippi State when they were put on probation.

He had top 10 classes at UF his first 2 seasons. Can we please stop with this regurgitated nonsense?

Oh yeah his fireable offense was the 12th overall class his their year :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.