Dan Mullen | Page 212 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
We better close Chesney if he us our choice now that Duke is in the market.
Mendenhall is the only guy who has coached at this level.
I am all in on Chesney.
  1. Chesney
  2. Curt Cignetti
  3. Jason Candle
  4. Liam Coen
  5. Bronco Mendenhall
  6. Charles Huff
  7. Chuck Martin's

We better close Chesney if he us our choice now that Duke is in the market.
Mendenhall is the only guy who has coached at this level.
I am all in on Chesney.
  1. Chesney
  2. Curt Cignetti
  3. Jason Candle
  4. Liam Coen
  5. Bronco Mendenhall
  6. Charles Huff
  7. Chuck Martin's
No one has sold me on why him. He’s coaching holy cross who didn’t even get into the playoffs.how can you be certain this guy can walk into a p5 program and do what’s needed to advance us. Not one person on that list is exciting and sells a single ticket. This is just another cheap money saving hire at cash check u

No one has sold me on why him. He’s coaching holy cross who didn’t even get into the playoffs.how can you be certain this guy can walk into a p5 program and do what’s needed to advance us. Not one person on that list is exciting and sells a single ticket. This is just another cheap money saving hire at cash check u
Time will tell. Guy is a winner.

Now I'm just envisioning all the people that went to bed that are going to wake up, see more pages, and then... oof.

1701080437650.jpeg

They were in the semifinal for the fcs championship last year and lost that game to the champion, South Dakota state. He’s been in the playoffs before.

Chesney has a 68% win percentage at Holy Cross. Dino had a 70% win percentage prior to Syracuse. Bowling Green is a higher level, by a lot, than Holy Cross.

Chesney has a 68% win percentage at Holy Cross. Dino had a 70% win percentage prior to Syracuse. Bowling Green is a higher level, by a lot, than Holy Cross.
Dino coached 2 years at Bowling Green Chesney 6 years at HC. HC is not that far behind BG. The school only has 3,000 students and they would be FBS if not for other sports.
Edit: Babers inherited a winning program from Dave Clausen. Chesney inherited a loser.

Last edited:
Dino coached 2 years at Bowling Green Chesney 6 years at HC. HC is not that far behind BG. The school only has 3,000 students and they would be FBS if not for other sports.
Playing Buffalo, Toledo, Western Michigan is not the same as Dartmouth and Colgate, stop. Either way, we're getting a guy with exactly ZERO P5 experience, which is less than what Dino had atleast as an assistant. So like I said, if they want the dome to remain empty, sure, hire a guy like Chesney.

The story Wildhack should tell, regardless of whether or not it's true, is that he reached out through his ESPN ties to bring Mullen in to consult. He wanted to pick his brain on the current state of SU football, and what he thought about potential candidates. Mullen visited on Wednesday, toured the facilities, and gave some valuable input.

It's plausible, and everyone saves face.
IF he doesn’t take another job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors