Dan Mullen | Page 232 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea who your contacts are, and I don't care. You're way too thin skinned, and get way too butthurt anytime anyone questions your info for me to consider you anything more than a gossip hound who accidentally gets things right once in a while. This does not appear to be one of those times.
As the one who kickstarted the subthread, I'll just offer what an infamous admin once said: "We can disagree without being disagreeable."

I tried to do that and it triggered a reaction. I don't think or have reason to think BullDog04 is a bad guy with bad intentions, but don't think things being relayed were on the mark.

Onward.

Lol, they were about to hire Stoops until their boosters flipped out. Terrible example to use.
Which would have been a great hire. Guy is consistently winning at a school that very few, if any, had done so.

In fact, we should probably be cheering for the least popular candidate on this board. Probably is our best choice.

A poster asks:
And then the question becomes, why?
What are we NOT doing, that's failing to attract the best and brightest players/coaches for this program? Location, weather, blah blah blah are not valid reasons, imo. Something else has to be amiss for us not to be, at the very least, on par w/ our peers.
____
So, if it isn't the weather, and it isn't the location...blah blah blah, and according to most on this site, it isn't money(Oh, the broken record keeps playing..), then what pray tell, is the answer
?
That's the big question, no?
Other schools in remote, or just as remote locales as Syracuse NY, have managed to field winning teams on a consistent basis- too many programs to list here.
I just don't see those factors: weather/location (not sure about the $$) as anything more than convenient excuse to explain ineptitude.
Is it simply bad AD management?
The stench of mediocrity? Lack of commitment to the program?
Consistently bad or "meh" coaching hires?
If I had an answer, I'd gladly provide it, just to get off this hamster wheel that is SU football.

As the one who kickstarted the subthread, I'll just offer what an infamous admin once said: "We can disagree without being disagreeable."

I tried to do that and it triggered a reaction. I don't think or have reason to think BullDog04 is a bad guy with bad intentions, but don't think things being relayed were on the mark.

Onward.
You "tried to do that" by telling him to "turn off the act" and implied that he was making stuff up? That's clearly being disagreeable my dude.

Today is cyber Monday
IMG_0349.gif

That's the big question, no?
Other schools in remote, or just as remote locales as Syracuse NY, have managed to field winning teams on a consistent basis- too many programs to list here.
I just don't see those factors: weather/location (not sure about the $$) as anything more than convenient excuse to explain ineptitude.
Is it simply bad AD management?
The stench of mediocrity? Lack of commitment to the program?
Consistently bad or "meh" coaching hires?
If I had an answer, I'd gladly provide it, just to get off this hamster wheel that is SU football.
Let's make this simple. Let's say that you used to go to a restaurant that once had great food and great service. Over a period of time, you notice the food quality and the level of service declines. It becomes so bad that you eventually stop going. Where do you think the problem lies?

Spoiler alert - Its the Manager - you get to connect the dots

This coaching search is like the river of slime in Ghostbusters II that gains strength with people's negativity.

We have to collectively be more positive (think of the Brominski throwback or the fact when I first started lurking on this board, I was living in a frat house on Comstock) and get to this point:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom