Dancing | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dancing

Can you link the article? Just curious who wrote it, thanks.
It was from a N. Carolina sports article about N. Carolina slipping a bit in their quad rankings because they had a relatively close game. The article discussed that Pitt is now barely quad 2, just a pt above quad 3.

It was from a N. Carolina sports article about N. Carolina slipping a bit in their quad rankings because they had a relatively close game. The article discussed that Pitt is now barely quad 2, just a pt above quad 3.
Ah, found it. they are referring to the Northern Iowa Panthers, not the Pitt Panthers

UNC’s 70–57 victory on Jan. 2 at Pittsburgh has shifted from a Quad 1 to a Quad 2 because the Panthers’ NET ranking is down to 82, and had to be 75 or higher to stay a Quad 1. Pitt (10–7, 1–5 ACC) has lost four of its last five games after Tuesday’s 69–58 loss to a Syracuse team that UNC beat by 36 points. There was good news, though, with Northern Iowa’s three-game win streak. The Panthers (10–8) are up to 100 in the NET rankings, which barely moves UNC’s 91–69 Nov. 22 win in the Bahamas from a Quad 3 win to a Quad 2 victory. If the Panthers fall one spot, it goes back to a Quad 3 win.

Last edited:
Ah, found it. they are referring to the Northern Iowa Panthers, not the Pitt Panthers

UNC’s 70–57 victory on Jan. 2 at Pittsburgh has shifted from a Quad 1 to a Quad 2 because the Panthers’ NET ranking is down to 82, and had to be 75 or higher to stay a Quad 1. Pitt (10–7, 1–5 ACC) has lost four of its last five games after Tuesday’s 69–58 loss to a Syracuse team that UNC beat by 36 points. There was good news, though, with Northern Iowa’s three-game win streak. The Panthers (10–8) are up to 100 in the NET rankings, which barely moves UNC’s 91–69 Nov. 22 win in the Bahamas from a Quad 3 win to a Quad 2 victory. If the Panthers fall one spot, it goes back to a Quad 3 win.
Mia culpa. Our Pitt. is also probably going to end up in the same quad as the fake Pitt.

The crazy thing is that I will go into 12 of the next 13 games expecting we can pull out a win. At the same time, I'm not going into any of them comfortable we'll win and we could lose to each of these teams. These guys need to dig deep and gut it out.

The crazy thing is that I will go into 12 of the next 13 games expecting we can pull out a win. At the same time, I'm not going into any of them comfortable we'll win and we could lose to each of these teams. These guys need to dig deep and gut it out.

Yep - I can see a reasonable path for us to get to the NCAA tournament.
But I can also a reasonable path for this season quickly turning sour.

So many games you can see winning or possibly losing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom