Dancing | Syracusefan.com

Dancing

Our path was never getting wins at either UNC or Duke. Unfortunately, blowout games like don't make you feel comfortable about the path,

1. In terms of quality victories, the more crucial thing was probably taking at least 2 of these 3 road games which could all be Q1 by year's end (Pitt, Wake, NC ST), and then possibly a big Q1 win at home. Add the Oregon win and that is 3 or 4 Q1 wins. More than enough.

2. We don't have any bad losses, so keep winning your Q2/Q3 games at home, and don't have any bad losses.

Unfortunately, when you have games like today its hard to envision us keeping that clean slate in all of our Q3 games to close the year -- when we play bad, we play bad!

And winning 2 of those 3 road games is not that easy either.

Our path was never getting wins at either UNC or Duke. Unfortunately, blowout games like don't make you feel comfortable about the path,

1. In terms of quality victories, the more crucial thing was probably taking at least 2 of these 3 road games which could all be Q1 by year's end (Pitt, Wake, NC ST), and then possibly a big Q1 win at home. Add the Oregon win and that is 3 or 4 Q1 wins. More than enough.

2. We don't have any bad losses, so keep winning your Q2/Q3 games at home, and don't have any bad losses.

Unfortunately, when you have games like today its hard to envision us keeping that clean slate in all of our Q3 games to close the year -- when we play bad, we play bad!

And winning 2 of those 3 road games is not that easy either.
If Judah isn't moved off the ball, and become our shooting guard we won't make the tournament. JJ needs to sit, and backup Q at PG, and Judah at SG. Start Brown, Benny, and Bell up front. Bring Carey, JJ, and JT and others off the bench.

If Judah isn't moved off the ball, and become our shooting guard we won't make the tournament. JJ needs to sit, and backup Q at PG, and Judah at SG. Start Brown, Benny, and Bell up front. Bring Carey, JJ, and JT and others off the bench.

Agree... but
Benny was 0-5 with 1 rebound and made 1 free throw. At least Taylor, who is far from good, had 4 rebounds. I think Benny needs to show a little more effort on the boards before he gets his starting position back.

Agree... but
Benny was 0-5 with 1 rebound and made 1 free throw. At least Taylor, who is far from good, had 4 rebounds. I think Benny needs to show a little more effort on the boards before he gets his starting position back.
Benny has 3-4 rebounds lost because of drops and fouls that didnt get called though

This is at best an NIT team, which would be better than the last two years, so that would be something I guess. No way in hell is this an NCAA tourney team. We can’t shoot, we have a bunch of kids playing out of position, I sometimes question the desire of a few of the kids as well. We need shooters, a true point guard and a good physical presence down low.

We can score. 60 pts vs the Heels is good. But, we can't rebound, hold on to the ball or play defense against ranked teams.

I know everyone on this forum is doing there best to trash the team harder than anyone else but we don't have any bad losses and haven't looked good vs peer teams but rather looked great and have handled them with ease.

If we can dispose of Pitt on the road and Miami this week we are going to finish with a good record.

Agree... but
This is where a boxscore can be very misleading. 2 or 3 of Taylor’s rebounds were in the last few minutes of the game vs NC backups and walkons. His first rebound came from an uncontested missed ft.

This is where a boxscore can be very misleading. 2 or 3 of Taylor’s rebounds were in the last few minutes of the game vs NC backups and walkons. His first rebound came from an uncontested missed ft.

Benny has 3-4 rebounds lost because of drops and fouls that didnt get called though

That doesn't change the fact that Benny only had 1. Almost doesn't count.

We're in a tough spot with the current roster and what appears to be a "rebounding is optional" philosophy. Good teams kill us on second chance points.

Benny took a ill advised shots which were turnovers because he doesn't follow his shot and nobody else rebounds. Benny has potential but it doesn't matter if he's not going to use it.

I don't love that Justin starts. I just think he does fewer things to hurt us.

There’s still a path but the lack of competitiveness against top tier teams is very concerning. If we had lost to Duke and UNC by under 10 I would be hopeful that we could make the NCAAt. But those performances leave me doubting our chances.

If our academic side is up another two notches we could join the Ivy's. Man that's depressing. Yes more sake please.

I know everyone on this forum is doing there best to trash the team harder than anyone else but we don't have any bad losses and haven't looked good vs peer teams but rather looked great and have handled them with ease.

If we can dispose of Pitt on the road and Miami this week we are going to finish with a good record.
I don’t think anyone is trying to out trash anyone, we aren’t competitive against anyone good. Not even remotely competitive. We are who we are right now, which is mediocre. Red was handed an unbalanced roster and he needs time to get better pieces. Not unfair to say that

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone is trying to out trash anyone, we aren’t competitive against anyone good. Not even remotely competitive. We are who we are right now, which is mediocre. Red was handed am unbalanced roster and he needs time to get better pieces. Not unfair to say that
We have been similarly dominant vs programs our own level that the big teams have been against us.

I agree it sucks that we've taken some blowouts but not a single one of them has been in the Dome.

Most people would be happy if they were told we'd be able to handle the middle of the pack ACC teams and struggle with the top. I'm not that optimistic that it all comes together and the selection committee helps us out but we are far from being in a position where we have to win the ACCT to make it.

We have been similarly dominant vs programs our own level that the big teams have been against us.

I agree it sucks that we've taken some blowouts but not a single one of them has been in the Dome.

Most people would be happy if they were told we'd be able to handle the middle of the pack ACC teams and struggle with the top. I'm not that optimistic that it all comes together and the selection committee helps us out but we are far from being in a position where we have to win the ACCT to make it.
We need quality wins to make it and we only have Oregon, we need more, just don’t see it happening based on how we have played against better teams, but you are correct that we haven’t played any in the JMA yet, so maybe that will help, let’s hope

The question is will this team be over .500 when the season ends.

The question is will this team be over .500 when the season ends.
3 ACC road losses against teams who have owned us for a decade and then 2 top 10 losses in Maui shouldn't have anything to do with beating the middle of the ACC.

We have the same number of ACC losses as Clemson everyones darlings and they are against much better teams. Not sure why people feel the need to act like we are losing to bad teams at home?

Seem highly unlikely We’re going to have a top 25 win this season. Maybe if the bubble is realllly weak and we win all the toss ups against the middle of the ACC.

I wouldn’t put any money on us being a tourney team b

Raise your hand if you think we will be dancing.

(I don't see any hands.)
5d39d8668d6642663250b099

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom