Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

It's going to be interesting to see how we handle it, at the end of the day I bet we release him from his LOI, but I could see JB saying..."we'll release to any school not in the ACC outside the state of Ohio."

JBs past the point where he has to be concerned about burning a recruiting bridge.

I'm sure there is a benefit to why SU would ever do this, but I am not sure what it is.

I'd only release with the caveat he cannot go to any program in a power conference, and for basketball purposes, that includes the AAC.

Now someone has to photoshop Jim Boeheim into that pic.
Yes I think we have a good thing going here lol

Good Syracuse basketball stress relief lol!

Interesting. If Bazely declared for the G league, is the Syracuse LOI even in play? It wouldn't appear to be on point or in the spirit of the LOI's true intentions, unless there is actual language, exemptions/exceptions in the contractual agreement relative to the G-League, overseas, etc. So, there would be no need for Syracuse to let him out of the LOI, as it would be deemed unnecessary/unwarranted anyways so to speak. However, if Syracuse agreed/let him out of his LOI based upon him declaring for the G league (and necessary per the contractual language of the LOI) only to then be defrauded upon due to Bazely's voluntary and deceitful intentions, well I would think an argument could be made on Syracuse's behalf that fraud had indeed been committed against SU.

It's going to be interesting to see how we handle it, at the end of the day I bet we release him from his LOI, but I could see JB saying..."we'll release to any school not in the ACC outside the state of Ohio."

JBs past the point where he has to be concerned about burning a recruiting bridge.
Boeheim has successfully held a player to his LOI before and that worked out well for us long term. I expect the same here if he tried to go elsewhere but he isn’t going to

This is completely different than a transfer. I would be upset with jb if he did that. Take a stand. Do you think his buddy coach k would do it?

Interesting. If Bazely declared for the G league, is the Syracuse LOI even in play? It wouldn't appear to be on point or in the spirit of the LOI's true intentions, unless there is actual language, exemptions/exceptions in contractual agreement relative to the G-League, overseas, etc. So, there would be no need for Syracuse to let him out of the LOI, as it would be deemed void/unenforceable anyways so to speak. However, if Syracuse agreed/let him out of his LOI based upon him declaring for the G league, only to then be defrauded upon due to Bazely's voluntary and deceitful intentions, well I would think an argument could be made on Syracuse's behalf that fraud had indeed been committed against SU.

Why would SU have to let him out of his LOI when he declared he wanted to go G-League? There is nothing in the NLI language that voids the letter in this circusmtance (unless the version below has changed, it is a couple years old)

https://www.athleticscholarships.ne...2013/01/National-Letter-of-Intent-Example.pdf

The spirit of the letter is to commit schools to players and players to schools. You are completely violating that if you say "i'm going to the G league", void the letter, then say "oops I just wanted a different school"...

Boeheim has successfully held a player to his LOI before and that worked out well for us long term. I expect the same here if he tried to go elsewhere but he isn’t going to
isnt he currently doing so as well?

Anyone that thinks he would even want to play at SU is on some hydroponics

I think there will be more pressure for jb to hold him to it releasing him sets a bad precedent.

Who cares. We have been through the sanctions twice. We can survive this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom