Darius Bazley | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

Please explain the so many ways that it is wrong.

NBA scouting departments are employed as a full time job with long hours specifically to identify and evaluate potential prospects. That means they watch players from all over regardless of how often they’re on ESPN. This isn’t a difficult concept to grasp and odd that people were and are still trying to argue it.

I’m sure someone responded - but it’s hard to scout a guy who isn’t playing in games

Both of these things are true:

- his career won’t be made or lost on his decision to play in college or not

- it’s always better to play meaningful games vs competition your age on tape, than not

I’m sure someone responded - but it’s hard to scout a guy who isn’t playing in games

I hesitate to reply because I'm more or less just copy and pasting the same thing over and over in this thread.

That has nothing to do with the point that I made. An NBA scout will see a game whether it is on ESPN or not. That's pretty much indisputable and the poster who said it was wrong in so many ways was unable to list even one.

I hesitate to reply because I'm more or less just copy and pasting the same thing over and over in this thread.

That has nothing to do with the point that I made. An NBA scout will see a game whether it is on ESPN or not. That's pretty much indisputable and the poster who said it was wrong in so many ways was unable to list even one.

Did he play in any?

Did he play in any?

That's a completely seperate argument that has nothing to do with my point about a NBA scouts ability to see a prospect not being impacted by how often their game is on ESPN.

Givony is all over Bazley. Says he really impressed him at the Klutch Pro Day. He won’t make it out of round 1 and honestly I don’t think he will make it out of top 20 he looks so talented

All the guys there right now says he is most impressive prospect and is a first round lock at this point. Let’s be happy for the kid, everyone saying if him or OB will get drafted first, Bazley might be a lottery

All the guys there right now says he is most impressive prospect and is a first round lock at this point. Let’s be happy for the kid, everyone saying if him or OB will get drafted first, Bazley might be a lottery

I guess our staff still can effectively identify talent!

*I’m spinning any Bazley success as a Syracuse positive, with no shame whatsoever.

Givony is all over Bazley. Says he really impressed him at the Klutch Pro Day. He won’t make it out of round 1 and honestly I don’t think he will make it out of top 20 he looks so talented

This is really interesting since Givony was the guy who completely ripped Bazley last year at the pre-G League thing that he participated in...

RJ Hampton just blew off college to play a year in Australia.

And he won't be the last. We may find that college basketball might be more even on its own because the bigger 5 star recruits will either head overseas or to the league.

And he won't be the last. We may find that college basketball might be more even on its own because the bigger 5 star recruits will either head overseas or to the league.
That is fine by me. Get rid of the one and done and have those 8-10 kids a year go straight to the league. The NBA is the one that created this situation.

That is fine by me. Get rid of the one and done and have those 8-10 kids a year go straight to the league. The NBA is the one that created this situation.

Maybe they did, but I remember it being pretty awful before they raised the age limit. Every year we would sweat out whether our top commits were going to decide to go pro right before the draft deadline. It left teams in a bad situation where the best solution was to try and steal a recruit away from another school, else wise you have a hole in your line up that can affect the make up of the team for more than a year.

I agree with you - let them enter the draft or play in the G league or go overseas. If they're talented enough and determined enough they can succeed. If not they can say they gave it their best shot. But i truly believe that a year or two in the NCAA will market you to the NBA draft better than anything else. Unless your name is Lebron James.

Maybe they did, but I remember it being pretty awful before they raised the age limit. Every year we would sweat out whether our top commits were going to decide to go pro right before the draft deadline. It left teams in a bad situation where the best solution was to try and steal a recruit away from another school, else wise you have a hole in your line up that can affect the make up of the team for more than a year.

I agree with you - let them enter the draft or play in the G league or go overseas. If they're talented enough and determined enough they can succeed. If not they can say they gave it their best shot. But i truly believe that a year or two in the NCAA will market you to the NBA draft better than anything else. Unless your name is Lebron James.
I think the issue was more kids were getting terrible advice, had parents trying to cash in and then didn't make it and made little money. The teams also wanted more info to evaluate. Outside of Melo I can't think of a kid I really sweated it out over.

There’s an alternate timeline where Melo fails his ACT and we’re all wondering if that 2003 team that lost to Auburn could’ve gotten JB his first title.

There is also one where Fab stays eligible, Arinze doesn’t get hurt and G Tech doesn’t give Kenny a bag of money and Boeheim has 4 titles

Z Sims doesn’t get hurt and Wallace doesn’t foul out.

MCW and especially Triche don’t get called for charges. (We beat Louisville away and had them at MSG if it wasn’t a stupid conference tourney where you gotta play games every single day. We would’ve beaten them.)

6. 6 chips.
tumblr_m2gd0m0lBR1qe1pkvo1_500.gif.cf.gif

No shame whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors