Darius Bazley | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

Well the kid seems to have messed up - he tried to shortcut the system. The general takeaway is shortcuts when you start out in real life tend to not work - that's how I took it.

I don’t know how anyone can say it did or didn’t work when both the draft hasn’t occurred yet and his NBA career has yet to unfold.

I don’t know how anyone can say it did or didn’t work when both the draft hasn’t occurred yet and his NBA career has yet to unfold.

Maybe he'll be a second round pick. The whole system is big enough where he can end up in the G-league somewhere, which he bailed on right after he did what he did.

Honestly the whole thing doesn't matter since the one and done farce will end.

You're memory of events is faulty, either that or you're deliberately glossing. I'm over it, but don't pretend that this was an average recruiting decision. He signed a letter of intent, led SU down the path until the MD game - so late in the cycle that it was impossible to replace him - and all (reportedly) for a sketchy agent "loan" (i.e., a bag of cash). Not exactly the apple pie 'decision' you make it out to be. Even more importantly, IMO, is that you seem to feel your opinion is preeminent, and that you need to tell others how to feel or what to post. That's not a take, that's just arrogance.

Yea his timing left us in a rough spot which was unfortunate. There’s no denying that. Still think its pretty weak to say you’re glad you think an 18 year old kid’s decision will be bad and not work out for him and his family because you’re favorite college basketball team was a little worse because of it. Probably can’t be convinced that that isn’t a normal, mature take.

What is sketchy about the deal? The terms are pretty clear and it is between one of the more prominent agencies in the league and a major shoe company. Non traditional isn’t synonymous with sketchy.

Yea his timing left us in a rough spot which was unfortunate. There’s no denying that. Still think its pretty weak to say you’re glad you think an 18 year old kid’s decision will be bad and not work out for him and his family because you’re favorite college basketball team was a little worse because of it. Probably can’t be convinced that that isn’t a normal, mature take.

What is sketchy about the deal? The terms are pretty clear and it is between one of the more prominent agencies in the league and a major shoe company. Non traditional isn’t synonymous with sketchy.
'Non-traditional' lol. It was a fiasco - a recruit basically pretending he is college-bound, signing an LOI in front of a big crowd, assuring staff and fans he's on the way for months, all the while shopping agents. Then at the last minute he takes a bag of cash - leaving the program twisting in the wind - but doesn't tell anyone until after he gets TV exposure masquerading at a HS all-star game as a college recruit. I'm over it, but it's not hard to see why fans have a sour taste.

Last edited:
The system is changing and soon skipping college won't be a shortcut.

And the funny thing is Bazley probably would have gone to college had he been able to go to the NBA.

Please explain the so many ways that it is wrong.

NBA scouting departments are employed as a full time job with long hours specifically to identify and evaluate potential prospects. That means they watch players from all over regardless of how often they’re on ESPN. This isn’t a difficult concept to grasp and odd that people were and are still trying to argue it.
[sarcasm font]
obviously, the reason ja morant is going top 3 in the draft because of all the exposure of the ohio valley conference and the number of times the racers were on national tv
[/sarcasm font]

[sarcasm font]
obviously, the reason ja morant is going top 3 in the draft because of all the exposure of the ohio valley conference and the number of times the racers were on national tv
[/sarcasm font]
Maybe not Ja Morant but look a little closer to home and tell me Malachis draft spot wasnt significantly impacted by the NCAA tournament.

Ja Morant benefited from the magnifying glass that was put on him in March Madness.

The question with Bazely is how many spots did he lose in the draft by skipping college. This is assuming he showed what most believed he could.
I believe however you want to cut it, he had a lost year.

Morant would have been top 5 without the tournament. Everybody knew about him in November.
Yes, but the tournament solidified that thinking.

Bazely still has question marks that a one time deal like the combine couldn't answer.

It makes sense that Bazly could have benefited from playing here and his year off probably didn't help him much but playing here could have gone the other way too. Whether he made a bad choice or not is unknowable and will remain so, years from now.

It makes sense that Bazly could have benefited from playing here and his year off probably didn't help him much but playing here could have gone the other way too. Whether he made a bad choice or not is unknowable and will remain so, years from now.

Exactly. 1 year in the ACC sure didn't seem to help Cam Reddish at all. He'll still go in the top 10 but definitely isn't thought of anywhere near the same as going into the year.

Maybe not Ja Morant but look a little closer to home and tell me Malachis draft spot wasnt significantly impacted by the NCAA tournament.
true, but the vehicle of that kind of exposure is the ncaa tournament, not necessarily the team played for nor the conference played in

Last edited:
He didn't want to go to college and attend classes, if he had come he most likely would fail the fall term. May be we lucked out not having him at all.

B22368C7-9B2A-4E94-94B8-98B8B37F8981.jpeg

Omg, he looks awesome. Such a bummer.

Wonder how he and oshae did at the combine on a personal level...

there were 4 teams but only 2 games played by each team. their teams ended up not playing each other.

His ability to handle the rock at that size is special. Kid would have made a huge difference last year with his ability to create off of the bounce. He'd have been a great fit.

Too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom