Dave O'Brien and Doris Burke at the mics next Wednesday.*** | Syracusefan.com

Dave O'Brien and Doris Burke at the mics next Wednesday.***

I will forever remember Doris Burlesque asks the poet who brought us; "Eric Devendorf sniffs dueces"

Nothing can outshine that. Good luck Dickie Simpkins. Dunk nasty face is a distant second.

I will forever remember Doris Burlesque asks the poet who brought us; "Eric Devendorf sniffs dueces"

Nothing can outshine that. Good luck Dickie Simpkins. Dunk nasty face is a distant second.

dunk nasty face isnt even dickie's best. after dion threw one down dickie came up with the brilliant..."mr waiter. can i get the dunk special. with a side of FACIAL!"

Last edited:
dunk nasty face isnt even dickie's best. after dion threw one down dickie came up with the brilliant..."mr waiter. can i get the duck special. with a side of FACIAL!"
The dude was special... I miss him..hes a scout now. Inn. Wasting his god given talents.

Doris "he goes to the line to shoot a one on one " Burke.

The dude was special... I miss him..hes a scout now. Inn. Wasting his god given talents.
yeah and so many here picked on him I don't get it he was the best we could ask for.
If I had to have 5 straight games of bilas I would much rather have Simpkins in there for 2 of them.

N0w we get to listen to how exciting clemson is whenever they make a play with some banter of syracuse does this and that well. Oh Yea, what a blessing.

Doris is very knowledgeable but I feel as if she tries to be Raftery by throwing in some "witty" sayings and that's just not her style.

Doris is very knowledgeable but I feel as if she tries to be Raftery by throwing in some "witty" sayings and that's just not her style.
she tries to be Van Gundy, too, I guess because of her recent involvement with nba stuff - does she still do nba stuff for espn? I ask because I literally never watch nba games

So a Syracuse alum alongside a former player who is knowledgeable about the game. No complaints. I'll take it.
I was kind of surprised when I saw ppl knock her as much as they do. I've always liked her, she seems knowledgable without being phony. In short , she is credible.
And tell the truth, some of the ACC announcers we have had, make Doris look like the Vin Scully of College Hoops.
This pairing is actually good.

i like butch burke. met her once at the pee troughs during intermission. her aim left quite a bit to be desired. she's like stevie t at the ft line.

Last edited:
I was kind of surprised when I saw ppl knock her as much as they do. I've always liked her, she seems knowledgable without being phony. In short , she is credible.
And tell the truth, some of the ACC announcers we have had, make Doris look like the Vin Scully of College Hoops.
This pairing is actually good.

Exactly. There's certainly worse broadcasters than Doris Burke. She does her homework and is prepared. People complain that certain broadcasters never say anything good about Syracuse, yet Doris praises the team and people still hate on her. I understand not everyone will like her, but people need to get over it. ESPN thinks she's good enough and she continues to be put on high profile games so people need to just let it go.

she tries to be Van Gundy, too, I guess because of her recent involvement with nba stuff - does she still do nba stuff for espn? I ask because I literally never watch nba games

She still is an analyst and sideline reporter for ESPN NBA telecasts and the NBA finals on ABC. She's also a host for ESPN’s Kia NBA Countdown.

Terrible news. Again, Doris is knowledgeable, but she is going to repeat the same 4 talking points the entire game. Its going to suck. Burke is good on the NBA, but annoys the crap out of me during college games.

Even more of an incentive for us to take Pitt's soul. Not sure I can handle her talking points memo repeated 45,000 times throughout the course of the game.

"pitt knows how to attack this zone"
"pitt is such a great passing team against this zone"
"pitt is so patient against this zone"
"jamie dixon knows how to coach against this zone"
"pitt never panics against this zone"

meanwhile they scored 54 points lol

My favorite was "pitt has missed 5 bunnies already" when they had missed two at that point in the game. Oh Lord

They both said in the game (assuming it was O'Brien, not sure since I was flipping the channel and not truly watching that game) today that they believe Hood was fouled in the Duke-SU game.

The comments went something like, "Just think how the outcome of that game was impacted by that call", "if Duke had gotten that call all of those who say the refs favor Duke would have had a field day"

Cheers,
Neil

Exactly. There's certainly worse broadcasters than Doris Burke. She does her homework and is prepared. People complain that certain broadcasters never say anything good about Syracuse, yet Doris praises the team and people still hate on her. I understand not everyone will like her, but people need to get over it. ESPN thinks she's good enough and she continues to be put on high profile games so people need to just let it go.
You mean high profile games on the ocho ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom