Day Eleven Spring Practice: Thurs. April 13, 2017 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Day Eleven Spring Practice: Thurs. April 13, 2017

Aside from what bcubs said being correct lol. Coaches love to see hard hits even in practice. I tell shy all the time practice like you play.
Of course I am also kidding about the medic part. I want to see him hit hard but teammate or not I don't want anyone getting hurt

Of course I am also kidding about the medic part. I want to see him hit hard but teammate or not I don't want anyone getting hurt
I played a few years (flag through high school varsity, no college) and I can remember always being encouraged to hit as hard as possible in practice, "practice how you play".

Coaches would always ask after a collision and somebody comes up lame, "are you hurt, or are you injured?". The implicated was, if your hurt, shake it off and get back in there. If you are injured go to the sideline and get medical attention because you are out, until you are medically cleared again.

So we were definitely trying to "hurt" each other, but never "injure"

I played a few years (flag through high school varsity, no college) and I can remember always being encouraged to hit as hard as possible in practice, "practice how you play".

Coaches would always ask after a collision and somebody comes up lame, "are you hurt, or are you injured?". The implicated was, if your hurt, shake it off and get back in there. If you are injured go to the sideline and get medical attention because you are out, until you are medically cleared again.

So we were definitely trying to "hurt" each other, but never "injure"
It seems like the only times I got hurt. It was from a practice hit I wasn't ready for.

Pardon my ignorance, but why do you want Shy blowing up his teammates in practice?
My coaches always told me, "What you do in practice, you do in a game." Unless either is a 3 year starter All-American, your job in practice is to show the coaches you belong on the field and deserve more PT. You want to show your teammates you can do it and they can succeed with you. You also want to show them how they need to go about their business. A rising tide raises all ships. I hate to say it, but watch Rudy. This is something they got right

I was listening to XM radio yesterday with an SEC guru on.. They have some big concerns that the LSU offense will not be improved.. Still talented but not moving the needle.. QB issues

I agree, its uncanny how many sec squads can't figure out the qb situation, there are many. They recruit like crazy but underrecruit the qb position and underdevelop it. Lsu is still living 10-15 years ago when the I formation and a stud defense had you in the championship hunt.

I agree, its uncanny how many sec squads can't figure out the qb situation, there are many. They recruit like crazy but underrecruit the qb position and underdevelop it. Lsu is still living 10-15 years ago when the I formation and a stud defense had you in the championship hunt.

I watched some of South Carolina's spring scrimmage today. Their two QB's were god awful the first couple of quarters, and it wasn't because the defenses were stunning.

It's ROA's routes on air . I'm very excited to see and get to know the players at the spring game
They tend to go after the running Qb's who can't throw a lick

we struggled against RVAs the last few years though.. our Opps seemed very good at it

Our opponents are getting Cuse-specific practice when they run RVA's, so that when the game comes, they'll still be seeing the same looks.
:p

It may not surprise you that I never played football.
And from what I can gather from your avatar being a Toffees fan, you've never seen or cheared for real football either ;) #YNWA #Reds

Doesn't Bailey have a zoom on that vid setting? Impossible to see and i am 45 and eat carrots;)
I'm glad you mentioned this. For me bailey's videos are grainy. But one of the guys, i don't know if it's mink, their videos seem like they are shot in 4K.

I'm glad you mentioned this. For me bailey's videos are grainy. But one of the guys, i don't know if it's mink, their videos seem like they are shot in 4K.
That's most likely the work of Stephen Cannerelli, the sports photographer. If you look at footage where you can see Bailey in the background, he's shooting with either a phone or a camera designed for photography. It's not a particularly high quality camera, hence the graininess.

So, going back to more man-to-man coverage. That's a good thing.

Also, what I've been saying for years concerning the amount of time it takes for a D-Line to get to the QB:

"Cordy said the goal for the defensive backs is to blanket opposing receivers for at least five-to-six seconds. At that point, SU's defensive line should have reached the quarterback on passing plays."

Poor mark

Of all the press conferences I attended during SU (Wildhack, Coyle, Babers, + a few other open to media) Mark asks some of the silliest questions I've ever heard. He's a very nice guy but it was a running joke with one of my colleagues. I believe he asked Dino at his opener about juice.

Alabama's D-line. Notice how often they're not actually in the backfield? Also, notice how long the DL has before the QB throws. Then, notice the nice work by Alabama's DBs.