Day Six Spring Football Practice Saturday 3/5/16 7:30 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Day Six Spring Football Practice Saturday 3/5/16 7:30

AC's going to have a really nice year. He's been undervalued because he wasn't a focal point of some offenses that were designed for others.

Really solid WR with good hands, good footwork and solid route running and downfield blocking. Prototypical possession type guy.

It would not surprise me in the least if he's one of our Top-2 statistically this year.

Have always liked AC, ever since his diving TD catch against pitt in 2013 in the dome! Anyone remember that catch? Great effort and concentration.

AJ at guard is a bit interesting. Recruited here to play center. A matter of getting the best 5 on the field or is that the second unit?

AJ at guard is a bit interesting. Recruited here to play center. A matter of getting the best 5 on the field or is that the second unit?
Why interesting, we have to replace 3 starters and also figure out who can back them up.

Why interesting, we have to replace 3 starters and also figure out who can back them up.

Interesting to me because nobody has ever mentioned him as a potential guard. Brought in as a center. (Yes I know different staff yada yada)

Interesting to me because nobody has ever mentioned him as a potential guard. Brought in as a center. (Yes I know different staff yada yada)
Nobody ever mentioned Palmer or Foy as tackles either. A good OL is a good OL.

AJ played OG in high school.

I wonder who this staff see's as the future center? Emerich leaves after this year. What year is Hindy? and is he a scholarship or walk on player?

I wonder who this staff see's as the future center? Emerich leaves after this year. What year is Hindy? and is he a scholarship or walk on player?
Redshirt senior and walk on.

How do the number of plays run in offense this year compare to previous years? Anyone have book on that? I see a lot of mention of the number of plays but that doesn't mean much to me because I have nothing to compare it to ...

How do the number of plays run in offense this year compare to previous years? Anyone have book on that? I see a lot of mention of the number of plays but that doesn't mean much to me because I have nothing to compare it to ...
I think they are probably running 30-50% more plays than last year. The players do a ton of repetition/visal learning now. No 500 page play books for the kids.

I believe he just might be the fastest kid on the team that runs around 10-3 to 10-4 100 meters. I may be wrong also.
I think you're right. I just read his bio on the FB roster page. Former SU indoor track guy with impressive speed. Maybe there is a spot for him is this offense. Would make for a great story.

I think they are probably running 30-50% more plays than last year. The players do a ton of repetition/visal learning now. No 500 page play books for the kids.
I like what Dino is doing for this offense as I think it will make the players much smarter on understanding how the opponents defense works and how to beat it with smarts instead of hard copies.

I think we are going to see the below Depth chart going into the season.

1 - Dungey
2 - Wilson
3 - Culpepper
4 - Mahoney
I think Mahoney will be third for now. He has game experience. Atleast they know how he would react in a real game. Mahoney was not terrible vs two of the best defenses in the country. I dont think Culpepper will pass him up until Fall. By next spring Culpepper can possibly be the #2.

I think Mahoney will be third for now. He has game experience. Atleast they know how he would react in a real game. Mahoney was not terrible vs two of the best defenses in the country. I dont think Culpepper will pass him up until Fall. By next spring Culpepper can possibly be the #2.

I am basing my list on not only game experience but how well each at this point has proven to throw the ball. Which is the main thing that this offense is supposed to be good at.

We will see how accurate each is, which I think will be the biggest determining factor for the chart as a whole. I put Mahoney behind everyone because he not very accurate.

Don't forget that Wilson has a bunch of game experience too, albeit he was running for his life most of the time.

I agree with Money.

Culpepper, unless he is miles ahead of everyone during fall camp, imho, should redshirt.

Have always liked AC, ever since his diving TD catch against pitt in 2013 in the dome! Anyone remember that catch? Great effort and concentration.
Yes, I certainly do and have been waiting for AC to break out ever since!

Even if the plan is to redshirt, he'll probably be 3rd on the depth chart. For Mahoney's sake, I hope Shafer put him on scholarship last Fall.

I think you're right. I just read his bio on the FB roster page. Former SU indoor track guy with impressive speed. Maybe there is a spot for him is this offense. Would make for a great story.

He was also all-state honorable mention in NJ as a WR. Very interesting player.