Class of 2025 - DB Amari Colon (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/7/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DB Amari Colon (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/7/24)

Offers from Eastern Illinois, Central Connecticut and Maine.

I think his full name is Amari Colon-Brown.

I just watched his highlights. 6'1 180. 4.43 40. I would expect his 100m time to be sub 11 seconds (but he unfortunately does not run track we it will be hard for us to get this info).

He goes from stopped to full speed really quickly. Three steps and he is gone.

He is skinny now but if you watch him, he is very strong going for the ball and gets his hands on it if it is around close to him. Also breaks tackles well. I see he can already bench 225 and I suspect he is going to end up having that wiry strength you like to see in a top athlete.

He was 5th team all state class B. Scored 16 touchdowns in 11 games in 2023. Finished with 775 receiving and 303 rushing years.

98% of his highlights are at WR and he is really impressive there but my guess is that he is going to end up at CB. He can jump routes really well and those ball skills and toughness will serve him well down the road on defense.

I did not include him in my top prospects for 2025 but that was because he was listed as a senior on the 2023 class B all state team (he was also listed at 6'6). He must have reclassified fairly recently (or was the original poster confused and Armari really is class of 2024?).

If he has reclassified, I can tell you he is going to end up in the top 20 for the class of 2025 and possibly crack into the top 10. He has work to do in the weight room and I have no idea if he can tackle well. But he is a really impressive athlete.

Last edited:
He ended up getting ranked 14th in the class of 2025. Lots of players in that class with P5 offers. It might end up being a record number.

Also changed his name to just Amari Colon, since he apparently changed that recently as well.

I don't remember hearing anything about Amari before his 2024 senior season at Monroe, when he kind of exploded on the Rochester football scene. I suspect he came to football late, or had an injury that prevented him from playing as a junior...something like that that held him back from establishing his name earlier. Am very interested to hear from Money on what he knows about Amari.

Looking like we might take a record number of players from NYS in this class. We are up to 9 now, if you include Joe Filardi. I don't know off hand what the record is but I would guess it is around 10 and probably goes back to the days of Coach Mac or even Coach Schwartzwalder.

One thing for sure: Coach Frank loves tall guys who can run.

Last edited:
I think his full name is Amari Colon-Brown.

I just watched his highlights. 6'1 180. 4.43 40. I would expect his 100m time to be sub 11 seconds (but he unfortunately does not run track we it will be hard for us to get this info).

He goes from stopped to full speed really quickly. Three steps and he is gone.

He is skinny now but if you watch him, he is very strong going for the ball and gets his hands on it if it is around close to him. Also breaks tackles well. I see he can already bench 225 and I suspect he is going to end up having that wiry strength you like to see in a top athlete.

He was 5th team all state class B. Scored 16 touchdowns in 11 games in 2023. Finished with 775 receiving and 303 rushing years.

98% of his highlights are at WR and he is really impressive there but my guess is that he is going to end up at CB. He can jump routes really well and those ball skills and toughness will serve him well down the road on defense.

I did not include him in my top prospects for 2025 but that was because he was listed as a senior on the 2023 class B all state team (he was also listed at 6'6). He must have reclassified fairly recently (or was the original poster confused and Armari really is class of 2024?).

If he has reclassified, I can tell you he is going to end up in the top 20 for the class of 2025 and possibly crack into the top 10. He has work to do in the weight room and I have no idea if he can tackle well. But he is a really impressive athlete.
Looks like we now have committments from 9 of the top 21 in NYS for 2025.
That includes the QB who plays lacrosse.
Have we ever recruited that much talent locally in the past 25 years.
These players seem to have size and speed, and room to grow.

1 1969 Dodge Dart.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom