Class of 2021 - DB Darian "Duce" Chestnut (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Darian "Duce" Chestnut (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Twitter right now, some Rutgers douche is claiming that Duce actually was not offered by RU. Then somebody posted a Tweet from the kid himself saying that RU offered him. Then I posted a screenshot from his commitment video showing a Rutgers hat on the table. The kid liked my tweet.

On the Twitter right now, some Rutgers douche is claiming that Duce actually was not offered by RU. Then somebody posted a Tweet from the kid himself saying that RU offered him. Then I posted a screenshot from his commitment video showing a Rutgers hat on the table. The kid liked my tweet.
Schianos chopper must have got lost only explanation why he didn't choose that national power in Piscataway.

Welcome to the map Duce!
Duce.jpg

I converted his 6.74 55m to a 40m time using two different formulas and got a 4.48 for both.

I noted this twice in the old Chestnut thread and also cited the 11.23 100m he's run; which roughly translates to 4.6 (and should be noted top end speed on a 100 usually isn't hit til the midway point.)

I'd guess based on both runs he's probably in the 4.5 range and he's a kid we'll see go sub-4.5 with S&C and training.

Last edited:
I noted this twice in the old Chestnut thread and also cited the 11.23 100m he's run; which roughly translates to 4.6 (and should be noted top end speed on a 100 usually isn't hit til the midway point.)

I think based on both runs he's probably in the 4.5 range and he's a kid we'll see go sub-4.5 with S&C and training.

AND - with the proper dedication to S&C...
... maybe he really WILL have DE speed! :p

I'm not sure how much the rise of Andre Cisco affected Duce's decision but I'm sure it didnt hurt that a great CB here under this system is a very possible first rounder
Though Cisco’s a safety, it was undoubtedly a positive contributing factor that Dino’s displayed the willingness to start a freshman DB who earned the spot. That, and Cisco’s reached out to Chestnut with encouragement during the recruitment.

He's mentioned both Cisco and Trill several times. I think their development played a big role.

no doubt. Kids want the chance to go to the NFL, DB is an area where we have clearly done a good job in developing talent

Status
Not open for further replies.