Class of 2021 - DB Darian "Duce" Chestnut (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DB Darian "Duce" Chestnut (NJ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was too short.

I was going to post something similar.

From mouth breathing Rutgers fan:

"Seabiscuit is highly rated, but at an open camp, Toad visually measured him while leaning on the opposite side of a fence, outside of the camp from 100 yards away, and determined that he is too short. Updated ratings will reflect this downgrade, but at this time Seabiscuit is not a "take" for Rutgers. Thank god for Schiano!"

Last edited:
I noted this twice in the old Chestnut thread and also cited the 11.23 100m he's run; which roughly translates to 4.6 (and should be noted top end speed on a 100 usually isn't hit til the midway point.)

I'd guess based on both runs he's probably in the 4.5 range and he's a kid we'll see go sub-4.5 with S&C and training.
Duce is faster than this fellow Camden standout who is killin it at Michigan right now.

Last edited:
1aawesomeduceROjKswoUtVpq.gif

So just in case he does lose the star because Dohn is 're-evaluting' him ...lets not forget some of the reasons why he was rated 4 stars (by everyone including Dohn) to begin with:

Written by Dohn:

Last edited:
I was going to post something similar.

From mouth breathing Rutgers fan:

"Seabiscuit is highly rated, but at an open camp, Toad visually measured him while leaning on the opposite side of a fence, outside of the camp from 100 yards away, and determined that he is too short. Updated ratings will reflect this downgrade, but at this time Seabiscuit is not a "take" for Rutgers. Thank god for Schiano!"
Well I don't know about you. But to me it's amazing we even considered this 4-star stud given Toad's "visual measurement" from 100 yards. :cool:

Duce is faster then this fellow Camden standout who is killin it at Michigan right now.

someone on the Cane Insight board said he ran a hand timed 4.55. That seems about right based on the track times. The track times are fast and certainly don't match the 40 time the girls are claiming.

He did run a 4.7 when he was 14 at the NJ Nike rvls combine.

if you click on the NCSA profile it says he ran a 4.87 at a DC combine a month earlier but again he was likely 14 years old and still in 9th grade.

So just in case he does lose the star because Dohn is 're-evaluting' him ...lets not forget some of the reasons why he was rated 4 stars (by everyone including Dohn) to begin with:

Written by Dohn:

It's not Dohn. He's always been a 3 star at 2-4-7 and ESPN. This is coming from the Rivals Site. He's a high 4 star there and in the 2-4-7 Composite because of that. He currently sits in the Rivals 150.

It's not Dohn. He's always been a 3 star at 2-4-7 and ESPN. This is coming from the Rivals Site. He's a high 4 star there and in the 2-4-7 Composite because of that. He currently sits in the Rivals 150.
Yup, he's been a high 3 star on 247 for awhile.

I know he mentioned swag daddy and coach west and how those are his actual coaches. Can someone tell me why other positional coaches recruit guys that aren’t their position coach? Is it region based ? Sorry mods if this is meant for main board but seems like the coaches truly played a massive part here that are his position coaches

I know he mentioned swag daddy and coach west and how those are his actual coaches. Can someone tell me why other positional coaches recruit guys that aren’t their position coach? Is it region based ? Sorry mods if this is meant for main board but seems like the coaches truly played a massive part here that are his position coaches

Region based recruiting. Typically your position coaches have a region, your coordinators tend to have a slightly smaller region to help serve as a closer and the head coach serves as the closer and dude.

Some schools will also have region based recruiting to start it and then have your position coaches take over the recruitment after a visit/camp.

West would be his position coach at CB, Nick Monroe’s our closer in the NJ area.

I think positional coaches are always primarily involved, but Monroe will be involved regardless of position when looking at Florida, NJ and NYC. Likely the same with West in VA/DMV, Dino in Hawaii/CA etc.

I've noticed lately Syracuse has been moving to add position coaches to recruit their players but it's generally region based.

I've noticed lately Syracuse has been moving to add position coaches to recruit their players but it's generally region based.
I know Reynolds was recruiting NJ, but no mention of him by Duce.

Status
Not open for further replies.