Class of 2024 - DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Ibn McDaniels (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/13/24)

He has the measurables Fran is looking for size, speed, and vertical.
IBN MCDANIELS 2024 ELIZABETH HS, ELIZABETH, NJ / VISITING 1/12
# DB/WR 6' 3" 195/ 34 TACKLES / 744 REC YDS 8 TDS/ 4.4 40/ 40" VJ

IBn-McDaniels-Twitter-profile-pic-@ibnmcdaniels1.jpg

COMMITTED 1/13/ 2024 !

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

PLAYS BOTH DB AND WR EQUALLY WELL

ON D:
GREAT TACKLING AND PEN FIELD TACKLING SKILLS
TACKLES LOW TO END RECEIVERS ROUTE IMMEDIATELY
HIP/HIP COVERAGE

ON O:
GREAT HANDS
CATCHES EVERYTHING
CAN GO VERY HIGH DUE TO VJ TO CATCH BALL OVER DEFENDER
MAKES DIFFICULT CATCHES
EXCELLENT ATHLETE

WOULD BE A GREAT GET

When you watch him on film, you can see those physical gifts and skills. So that begs the question, why was his recruitment so quiet?

"A lot of schools haven't stopped by our school, since we have been here, to see our kids," Wilson said. "He only played 14 games in high school. He broke his collarbone junior year."

It seems like he isn’t rated by any of the rating services yet. Anyone know how that works? You would think that an all-state player would get rated. I read the article about him being under the radar and hurt etc. but it seems like he is a good enough player to be rated.

It seems like he isn’t rated by any of the rating services yet. Anyone know how that works? You would think that an all-state player would get rated. I read the article about him being under the radar and hurt etc. but it seems like he is a good enough player to be rated.
They’ll give him a rating eventually. Usually there is not a lot of priority placed on getting Syracuse commits rated. Could be today or a month from now

Guessing on what most of the sites thinking will be, he doesn’t have a lot of game experience but looks very good and was pretty darn productive playing both ways on a bad team. No other big boy offers. He has fantastic measurables but speed and vertical probably weren’t verified by the sites at any of their camps. I’m going to guess they put him at an 85.
In my opinion he has a very high ceiling. Adding a CB with great size can be very beneficial. I think he works out well developing as a CB. I think he has a high floor as well. Worst case is he becomes a very good safety. Love this pick up!

They’ll give him a rating eventually. Usually there is not a lot of priority placed on getting Syracuse commits rated. Could be today or a month from now

Ima guess it’ll be an 80.

That’s basically “this is a warm body we know nothing about, that got and accepted a P5 offer from a school not named Rutgers.”

If he had landed at SUNJ, he’d be an .89 :rolleyes:

An .80 like Diggs. It’s lazy by the recruiting services.

Ima guess it’ll be an 80.

That’s basically “this is a warm body we know nothing about, that got and accepted a P5 offer from a school not named Rutgers.”

If he had landed at SUNJ, he’d be an .89 :rolleyes:
If they give him an 80 that is ridiculous but wouldn’t be completely surprised. That means they gave zero effort to spend any time even looking into him at all. Elite measurables for a CB should get him much higher. Hopefully they see SU’s current commits are starting to be of a higher caliber and that starts factoring in as well.

He wasn’t a Syracuse commit 2 weeks ago so it would seem more likely he just didn’t turn enough heads to justify a rating. He could be good but seems like a bit of stretch for Fran to be wasting a scholarship. He should probably be offered a PWO spot. Played on a bad team, injured, has decent stats but I don’t know NJ divisions well, could be like playing on ESM.

He wasn’t a Syracuse commit 2 weeks ago so it would seem more likely he just didn’t turn enough heads to justify a rating. He could be good but seems like a bit of stretch for Fran to be wasting a scholarship. He should probably be offered a PWO spot. Played on a bad team, injured, has decent stats but I don’t know NJ divisions well, could be like playing on ESM.
Completely disagree. Did you even watch his highlights or just going by what you read?
Will be interesting to revisit this thread in a year or two to see your wasted scholarship statement.

You really need to read what you write before hitting Post.

Read your post again. You know what it says?

It says, "I know more than Fran Brown even though I never met the kid or did much research on him."

It also says, "Hey, look! Another Uber-negative post from me!"

Completely disagree. Did you even watch his highlights or just going by what you read?
Will be interesting to revisit this thread in a year or two to see your wasted scholarship statement.
I watched his highlights and they are just that, highlights. If the highlights weren’t impressive, they wouldnt be highlights.

You really need to read what you write before hitting Post.

Read your post again. You know what it says?

It says, "I know more than Fran Brown even though I never met the kid or did much research on him."

It also says, "Hey, look! Another Uber-negative post from me!"
I didn’t say I know more than him, I’m just surprised that a guy who goes out and grabs top talent isn’t saving that spot that for a proven transfer or a higher quality player. Sorry I’m not a huge fan of getting more unrated players with injury concerns. That worked so well the last 8 years. But hey, it’s SUPER impressive that you watched a highlight tape and it’s full of highlights. All I see is a player who couldn’t get scouted in NJ and seemingly only holds 1 P5 offer.

We don’t have to love every single player that gets brought in just because they get a scholarship. Believe it or not, most unrated kids don’t go on to do anything in college, especially at the P5 level.

I started in Armonk HQ in 1979 and worked in NY/CT locations for 18 years before joining a Pharma in CT. Congrats on sticking it out that long!
Pfizer?

I mean a knowledgeable poster said rutgirls and penn state started sniffing. His own coach said his tape was limited due to an injury and college coaches didn’t visif. He runs a 4.4 forty, 6 foot 3, and has a 39 inch vertical. Sign me up!
Can’t teach that. A good CB coach can work on the rest. Fran likes developing guys. He doesn’t want only portal guys. They portal for a reason and not all are good. I’ll take a few flyers like this every year. The key is all of our guys can’t be them anymore.

I didn’t say I know more than him, I’m just surprised that a guy who goes out and grabs top talent isn’t saving that spot that for a proven transfer or a higher quality player. Sorry I’m not a huge fan of getting more unrated players with injury concerns. That worked so well the last 8 years. We don’t have to love every single player that gets brought in just because they get a scholarship. Believe it or not, most unrated kids don’t go on to do anything in college, especially at the P5 level.
Yes, you did.

"He could be good but seems like a bit of stretch for Fran to be wasting a scholarship. He should probably be offered a PWO spot."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom