DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

Interesting that in the snapshot is a Nil value. I wonder if in the future for transfers and high school ratings if there will be Nil tier ratings as well. Is the delay with Carter and Duce because they are working through the details of their Nil contracts?

That website ON3 did an estimated NIL value for all players. I wouldn’t put much stock in it because it’s probably a preseason number. I don’t see those numbers change during the season. $29k isn’t much of anything.

That website ON3 did an estimated NIL value for all players. I wouldn’t put much stock in it because it’s probably a preseason number. I don’t see those numbers change during the season. $29k isn’t much of anything.
Yeah agree, just thought it was interesting.

Carter should do well wherever he goes but what bothers me is when he's in the NFL, it'll show another school

Certainly not enough to go from potentially being “the man” to someone who might not play and just be depth at OSU.

Certainly not enough to go from potentially being “the man” to someone who might not play and just be depth at OSU.
You’ve got people on here that think because we made a bowl that it will help in recruiting.
I mean if that’s the case then wouldn’t being able to play for a Natty be one hell of a tool in recruiting transfers?
I personally don’t think us going to a bowl every couple years helps one bit in recruiting.

You’ve got people on here that think because we made a bowl that it will help in recruiting.
I mean if that’s the case then wouldn’t being able to play for a Natty be one hell of a tool in recruiting transfers?
I personally don’t think us going to a bowl every couple years helps one bit in recruiting.

I would think the additional exposure against other kids and teams with NFL talent is always a positive. Getting good exposure is very important.

I would think the additional exposure against other kids and teams with NFL talent is always a positive. Getting good exposure is very important.
There is NFL talent on every team in college football, not sure playing in a meaningless bowl game where half of those NFL talented guys opt out does anything.

I actually think that if we can’t play in the NIL game then facing reality and marketing yourself as a program that develops players is the way to go. Come here, get on the field early as a P5 player. Hopefully you stay and get drafted but if not, the bigger programs will be all over you with big NIL dollars. Eventually kids stay, win totals start to rise and perhaps you solidify yourself as a top 5 ACC program.

He's a safety. Ohio State fans are replying to that tweet about needing another CB. I don't ever recall him playing corner.

That's why I say recruiting won't meaningfully improve until we string together 2-3 consecutive bowls.

That's why I say recruiting won't meaningfully improve until we string together 2-3 consecutive bowls.

THIS. 144% THIS.

We need to be consistently good, not (just) occasionally great.

6-7 W's needs to be the baseline for every season.
Once we've done that for 2-3 years, then hopefully the uptick in crootin' will raise the bar.

There's ZERO reason we can't be the northern version of Wake Forest - which kills me to say.
We'll likely never recruit quite as well at Pitt & BC do (they each have advantages that we do not), but we can get lots of high 3* guys, supplement with a few 4* croots and a some 4* portal guys, and Bob's your uncle!

We can’t come up with 29,000 dollars. Jesus that sucks
Why does it always have to be “we can’t do X” why is it so hard for people to understand that maybe the kid just wants a change of scenery?

THIS. 144% THIS.

We need to be consistently good, not (just) occasionally great.

6-7 W's needs to be the baseline for every season.
Once we've done that for 2-3 years, then hopefully the uptick in crootin' will raise the bar.

There's ZERO reason we can't be the northern version of Wake Forest - which kills me to say.
We'll likely never recruit quite as well at Pitt & BC do (they each have advantages that we do not), but we can get lots of high 3* guys, supplement with a few 4* croots and a some 4* portal guys, and Bob's your uncle!
Syracuse has out recruited wake for the last 7 years (this year not included) so I don’t think talent on the player side is what is separating cuse and wake at this point

There is NFL talent on every team in college football, not sure playing in a meaningless bowl game where half of those NFL talented guys opt out does anything.

Given our own drought of draft picks I think that's a bit of a reach. One winning season and a bowl of course is not going to move the needle but being a bowl team year in year out does matter.

Can’t fault a kid for wanting to have a chance at a natty but it won’t be at Texas. He’ll only be a 1 year player to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom