DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

FWIW Carter got a 93 transfer grade which is mid-high 4 star and should be good to be one of the top 50 or better transfers? Duce got a 91.

For comparison Travis Hunter is #1 players overall 5 star at 99. Shredur Sanders is only a 92, but is highly regarded.

Coming in Joe More got an 85, which is solid and the Bama transfer for an 84. Both DB transfers have yet to be graded, but I’m sure they won’t match Carter and Duce’s rating.

Last edited:
FWIW Carter got a 93 transfer grade which is mid-high 4 star and should be good to be one of the top 50 or better transfers? Duce got a 91.

Coming in Joe More got an 85, which is solid and the Bama transfer for an 84. Both DB transfers have yet to be graded, but I’m sure they won’t match Carter and Duce’s rating.
But both come with more eligibility.

For comparison Travis Hunter is #1 players overall 5 star at 99. Shredur Sanders is only a 92, but is highly regarded.

What are these ratings of which you speak?

I have no idea how much but I’d be willing to bet that he was one of the dozen who got NIL this season.
So I’ll ask, if Carter goes to Factory U to get ten zillion dollars, and then goes to the NFL, what school is he going to say he’s from? Which will get his future donations? If it’s not Cuse, then go pound sand.

Well Gould and Bellamy haven’t played much, if at all so of course these “rankings” won’t be the same. We are gaining two, super talented young players with multi-years of eligibility. Very happy with how they recovered. It’s what schools like Syracuse are going to have to do.

So I’ll ask, if Carter goes to Factory U to get ten zillion dollars, and then goes to the NFL, what school is he going to say he’s from? Which will get his future donations? If it’s not Cuse, then go pound sand.

Only time will tell.

What are these ratings of which you speak?
A couple different recruiting sites regrade transfers. Some track the team recruiting rankings for high schoolers, but do a separate team rankings for portal transfers (That’s how crazy it has got). These specifically came from the all day site.

If anything I would think these would be more accurate since they are based on a whole lot more of tape against similar competition and information gained from beat reporters and all the other reporters covering top programs. This is the 2nd year of them doing transfer grades.

But both come with more eligibility.

Well Gould and Bellamy haven’t played much, if at all so of course these “rankings” won’t be the same. We are gaining two, super talented young players with multi-years of eligibility. Very happy with how they recovered. It’s what schools like Syracuse are going to have to do.
Here’s to hoping they turn out to be as good .

This is a better opportunity for Carter. Period. It won’t hurt his NFL potential. It’s a promotion and a step closer towards realizing his NFL potential.

There is a good chance he doesn’t start at a school like TX or Ohio St. If he doesn’t start his NFL potential is tremendously damaged. He is a big fish in a small pound here. At the blue blood school he is a dime a dozen. I don’t fault him for trying but there is a decent amount of risk involved.

Last edited:
So if college sports implode is it the Gen Z that we blame? Think I always wondered is if athletes felt so used by colleges and the NCAA then why did they go to college and feed the problem?
Gen Z is def turning conventional wisdom upside down but the idea of loyalty, working with a team and realizing your short term self interests are not satiated because you value the team are being lost

Culture is something that is eroding w everyone getting theirs earlier and earlier will blow up in everyone’s face. Being part of something bigger than you vs sub. Contractor at age 18 is a frankensteinian thing

Just my opinion

Well when he said 2 of the 3 have their degrees who is he referring to ? I didn’t know there was going to be math involved.
A wise man once told me he doesn’t do math in public. Rules to live by, especially if you’re an engineer. Go crunch numbers in private.

I actually love this about Gen Z.

That generation realized everyone was playing a stupid game with stupid rules, and the rules were massively skewed against them.

So little by little, through powers in number and collective action, they're changing the rules.

This is partly why I've always said that NIL was bigger than fandom. It's actually about an individual's rights to benefit from their own identity and reality as a living person.

People have value. Historically, institutions like the NCAA have robbed people of that value. Sure, there was some compensation. But it wasn't a fair deal.

Gen Z is changing that.

God love 'em for it, I know I do.
Don't agree, of course. But I do appreciate the subtle satirical undertones in this post. ;)

Don't agree, of course. But I do appreciate the subtle satirical undertones in this post. ;)
In 10 years you are going to have a lot of young people almost broke.
With no degrees that are worth anything and no good prospects for the future.
But a lot of nefarious agents who will have made a lot of money off these young people.

Gen Z is def turning conventional wisdom upside down but the idea of loyalty, working with a team and realizing your short term self interests are not satiated because you value the team are being lost

Culture is something that is eroding w everyone getting theirs earlier and earlier will blow up in everyone’s face. Being part of something bigger than you vs sub. Contractor at age 18 is a frankensteinian thing

Just my opinion
Pendulums swing.

I fully expect an overcorrection.

But the weird thing is, change doesn't often come by shooting at the right mark. It comes by going past that point. The momentum isn't enough otherwise.

Pendulums swing.

I fully expect an overcorrection.

But the weird thing is, change doesn't often come by shooting at the right mark. It comes by going past that point. The momentum isn't enough otherwise.
I see Young and Levis playing, among others, and already see it swinging in terms of the bowl games.

If you look at the bowl game as an NFL audition instead of a chance to get hurt, hopefully, we see more players play. But if they dont want to like Tucker, that's up to them.

I see Young and Levis playing, among others, and already see it swinging in terms of the bowl games.

If you look at the bowl game as an NFL audition instead of a chance to get hurt, hopefully, we see more players play. But if they dont want to like Tucker, that's up to them.
Will Levis of Kentucky? He opted out

So if college sports implode is it the Gen Z that we blame? Think I always wondered is if athletes felt so used by colleges and the NCAA then why did they go to college and feed the problem?
That’s silly. If you want to play FB, that’s the only route. The NFL controls how you can enter. All that’s happening now is the financial inequities are tipping back towards the labor and away from management.
The NIL will settle down in a year or two. Now it’s just a shiny, new toy.

That’s silly. If you want to play FB, that’s the only route. The NFL controls how you can enter. All that’s happening now is the financial inequities are tipping back towards the labor and away from management.
Labor ... lol.

Then it’s an nfl issue.

What were their grades coming out of hs? Since both redshirted as freshmen why would those change? And what was Carter rated out of hs?

What were their grades coming out of hs? Since both redshirted as freshmen why would those change? And what was Carter rated out of hs?
They obviously out played their HS rating hence the bump. To me it makes a lot of sense if they are regrading transfers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom