Class of 2020 - DB Jordan Morant (NJ) Verbal to Michigan | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DB Jordan Morant (NJ) Verbal to Michigan

PSU especially remains an NFL factory. Miami remains moreso of one than Syracuse at least. We still have to prove ourselves in that regard but no doubt we're headed in the right direction so far with Dino.

This. Kids want to play in the NFL and visibility is huge. We had a good season but we need to get some kids in the upper rounds here and there to get the big ones

Agreed. Need to start getting 2-3 kids a year drafted, with the occasional day one pick every couple of years.

Agreed. Need to start getting 2-3 kids a year drafted, with the occasional day one pick every couple of years.
This will happen within the next couple years with Trill, Cisco iffy and Armstrong. It will happen.

This will happen within the next couple years with Trill, Cisco iffy and Armstrong. It will happen.
We have Robinson, Coleman and Fredrick are seniors and I'd think all are likely to be drafted in the 2020 draft class. If Cisco has another year similar to last year and with his increased size I could see him possibly in that group as well. Not that I would want that to happen but you never know.

We have Robinson, Coleman and Fredrick are seniors and I'd think all are likely to be drafted in the 2020 draft class. If Cisco has another year similar to last year and with his increased size I could see him possibly in that group as well. Not that I would want that to happen but you never know.

Cisco would have to play a third year first

With the path Dino has the Program on I really think things will be different with the next generation of legacies.

wow. between morant and harrison... to basically not even be considered with the trajectory we are on?

am i missing something?

wow. between morant and harrison... to basically not even be considered with the trajectory we are on?

am i missing something?
It's awful. The 'Cuse couldn't be on a better trajectory right now and we hardly got a sniff from those guys.

Sustained success from our program

i get that for normal big recruits... and heck i even get that for actually securing a commitment from a legacy big time recruit.

but we cant even make their finalists? that to me makes 0 sense.

i get that for normal big recruits... and heck i even get that for actually securing a commitment from a legacy big time recruit.

Trajectory is the possibility. Most players want assurance they will be apart of a great team. Yeah we won ten games and look poised for another good season but while we went 4-8,4-8 and idk the record the year shafer got fired it doesn’t look good. You need more then one good year. Kids want bowl games 3-4 years of their career

I can’t think of a single Mac or P player whose kid gave us a go. Not a lot of love towards the program from that generation of players imo. Actually I think the Kimmels sent a couple.

I agree, its discouraging, but im hoping another winning season might change some minds.

It's awful. The 'Cuse couldn't be on a better trajectory right now and we hardly got a sniff from those guys.

Not yet. We need a couple more 10 - 3 type years to get these recruits, legacy or not. You can just hear opposing coaches saying: "Yeah Syracuse, great last year. But, they'll probably be back to 4 - 8 this year."

I can’t think of a single Mac or P player whose kid gave us a go. Not a lot of love towards the program from that generation of players imo. Actually I think the Kimmels sent a couple.

Because we have sucked basically every year until last year, that is what the Mac/P generation of legacies knows. We need more good seasons and a few more kids going to the league

Legacy recruits have basically watched Syracuse suck their whole lives. Not much to get excited about over their 16-18 years

Reactions: CIL
We need guys getting drafted.

Starting in 1986, we had at least 1 player drafted in the top 2 rounds of each NFL Draft except one (1992).

Since 2006, we have had two (Pugh & C. Jones).

And in the last 5 drafts, we have had only 3 draft picks - all 7th rounders.

The lack of elite talent had been very apparent. I’m hoping that changes in the next couple years.

Legacy, whatever... We will "Win" with them or without them. Go Orange. you would think they would want to be part of turning the program around than not. Time has changed and so have the ORANGE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom