Class of 2024 - DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24)

We’ve never had a commit play in this game. It was formerly known as the Army All American game. We’ve had kids transfer in (Paulus for example) and have had a number of kids in other AA games, but never this one. So pretty cool to put that streak to rest if he commits here.

What game did Caleb O play in, UA?

How firm are those balls
B6CB5724-2AEB-4927-9689-3303D19E44AF.jpeg

Read some stuff where they didn't think Georgia was really a player anymore fwiw. I haven't really seen anything that points to Ole Miss but they are on a insane recruiting roll. The kid follows pretty much every single Syracuse staff possible. I think this kids been cuse since his visit (ik ik that's a real reach considering all the balls dropped)

Read some stuff where they didn't think Georgia was really a player anymore fwiw. I haven't really seen anything that points to Ole Miss but they are on a insane recruiting roll. The kid follows pretty much every single Syracuse staff possible. I think this kids been cuse since his visit (ik ik that's a real reach considering all the balls dropped)
I had Georgia on my mind

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already committed and/or signed here. Just hasn't been announced.

Read some stuff where they didn't think Georgia was really a player anymore fwiw. I haven't really seen anything that points to Ole Miss but they are on an insane recruiting roll. The kid follows pretty much every single Syracuse staff possible. I think this kids been cuse since his visit (ik ik that's a real reach considering all the balls dropped)
As I noted before it’s the worst kept secret in Hollywood…

Out of curiosity does Fran show up at the game to represent with Barnes on the recruiting side? Meet up with a few other players while there just to talk, meet mom's and dad's, maybe set the table for a year or two down the road.

Swipe for day 3 top performers

9. CB Marcellus Barnes – Uncommitted

Marcellus Barnes
did not give up a single completion during Thursday’s All-American practice. It was a slower practice in general, but the receivers and defensive backs still had their fair amount of competition. Barnes was extremely sticky in coverage on the day. Anytime a pass was thrown his way, he managed to get his hand on the football. His fluidity and change of direction allowed him to stay in phase and blanket on any receiver he was covering. Even during a practice that included no 1-on-1 periods, Barnes was excellent. The Chattanooga (Tenn.) McCallie School product is set to announce his commitment during Saturday’s game with Syracuse trending per the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine. – Cody Bellaire