Class of 2019 - DB Myles Farmer (GA) TRANSFERRING FROM NEBRASKA TO SYRACUSE (8/13/23) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DB Myles Farmer (GA) TRANSFERRING FROM NEBRASKA TO SYRACUSE (8/13/23)

IMG_6400.jpeg

Where are we anticipating him playing here? Taking Carter’s spot at FS? I can’t imagine Barron would be moved. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 73 tackles in the B1G last year tho. Very exciting news. Hopefully team culture keeps his head on straight
Dont know but those are all the same questions I would ask

He had been suspended by the new coach for not following small team rules. Ok. We'll take him. Hopefully lessons learned and we will be the victors.
That was his 2nd violation since Rhule arrived though; the 1st was a DUI, which is far from minor. Winning is more important, and this kid is bigger/better than other safety alternatives, I guess. But, have that feeling of another Dino Babers bad judgment potentially; a la, hiring your son-in-law's father to coach quarterbacks, or bringing Taj Harris to ACC Media Days.

I wouldn’t normally say this, but if he displaces a player who’s been competing hard for a spot at this late date, I do worry about impact on team chemistry. Again, I know it’s D1 football etc, but these late moves concern me a bit vs someone joining in the off-season or spring. Thoughts?

If he proves himself the team will know and be accepting. Not worried re: chemistry.

That was his 2nd violation since Rhule arrived though; the 1st was a DUI, which is far from minor. Winning is more important, and this kid is bigger/better than other safety alternatives, I guess. But, have that feeling of another Dino Babers bad judgment potentially; a la, hiring your son-in-law's father to coach quarterbacks, or bringing Taj Harris to ACC Media Days.
Another bad judgement? As far as bringing players in with vs lacking character, his judgement has been outstanding. That has nothing to do with the examples you cite, but then again this is your MO

From his Cuse.con bio.

Personal: Son of Brice and Keshia Farmer … A 2023 graduate of Nebraska with a degree in sports media and communications … Two-time Tom OsbournCitizen Team honoree at Nebraska, where he volunteered his time with Make-a-Wish, the Nebraska Football Road Race, the Athletic Department Career Fair, Dance Marathon and local school and hospital outreach visits.

Farmer didn't receive a DUI after Rhule arrived. Farmer received the DUI on 11/8/22 and was suspended for the Michigan game. Rhule wasn't hired/signed a contract with Nebraska until 11/26/22.

You seem to have an issue with facts.

I would think that the message to him was to come here and that he would be accepted and have some familiarity already, with a former coach and two players with played with at Nebraska (to some extent the system) and play his way on to the field. He comes in, with really no expectation, as camp is well under way and he gets to have a fresh start, with hardly any to no drop in the level of football. Things are moving in the right direction and kids are recognizing that.
Also I sort of doubt that he was promised anything as far as playing time goes, but he probably had an old coach and old teammates in his ear advocating about a better culture and a defensive backfield that is sending players to the NFL / high major programs.

Also we all make mistakes at that age and sometimes bad decisions can be a slippery slope and all that is needed is a change in scenery… but I think it’s silly to question this young mans character, especially with the former Nebraska guys having a good case judgement about him.

This is a solid move for both parties and gives us serious depth and options in our 3-3-5 scheme. We definitely have some players back there and looking stacked. The MOB really bout to be kicking ass and taking names!

Bless your heart- you're always just a ray of sunshine, ain't ya'? Sheesh.

Well, he's got two years to figure it out. Any contribution he gives this season is an unexpected bonus.

At the very least got to think he can be a solid guy on specials. Not a terrible floor.
Just saying what I've heard. No more, no less.

Well, he's got two years to figure it out. Any contribution he gives this season is an unexpected bonus.

At the very least got to think he can be a solid guy on specials. Not a terrible floor.
And if he was struggling with it so much, why transfer to another program running the same D? That seems counterproductive since he had multiple offers, no?

according to college football news, 7th best player on the team.

Nebraska Cornhuskers 10 Best Players​

1. Luke Reimer, LB Sr.
2. Jeff Sims, QB Jr.
3. Billy Kemp, WR Sr.
4. Quinton Newsome, CB Sr.
5. Isaac Gifford, S Jr.
6. Ben Scott, C Jr.
7. Myles Farmer, S Jr.
8. Arik Gilbert, TE Jr.
9. Malachi Coleman, WR Fr.
10. Princewill Umanmielen, EDGE, Fr.

Forum statistics