Class of 2019 - DB Myles Farmer (GA) TRANSFERRING FROM NEBRASKA TO SYRACUSE (8/13/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 DB Myles Farmer (GA) TRANSFERRING FROM NEBRASKA TO SYRACUSE (8/13/23)

according to college football news, 7th best player on the team.

Nebraska Cornhuskers 10 Best Players​

1. Luke Reimer, LB Sr.
2. Jeff Sims, QB Jr.
3. Billy Kemp, WR Sr.
4. Quinton Newsome, CB Sr.
5. Isaac Gifford, S Jr.
6. Ben Scott, C Jr.
7. Myles Farmer, S Jr.
8. Arik Gilbert, TE Jr.
9. Malachi Coleman, WR Fr.
10. Princewill Umanmielen, EDGE, Fr.
But Princewill Umanmielen has the best name.

That was his 2nd violation since Rhule arrived though; the 1st was a DUI, which is far from minor. Winning is more important, and this kid is bigger/better than other safety alternatives, I guess. But, have that feeling of another Dino Babers bad judgment potentially; a la, hiring your son-in-law's father to coach quarterbacks, or bringing Taj Harris to ACC Media Days.

Seriously -- why is every one of your posts sky-is-falling garbage?

Every.

Single.

One.

The only person who can spin a complete positive into a negative.

Right?

It's like a Debbie Downer skit.

yikes-rachel-dratch.gif

I wouldn’t normally say this, but if he displaces a player who’s been competing hard for a spot at this late date, I do worry about impact on team chemistry. Again, I know it’s D1 football etc, but these late moves concern me a bit vs someone joining in the off-season or spring. Thoughts?
Everything you can do to make your team stronger...do it

Athlon had him 4th team preseason all B1G.

His best 100m in HS was 11.89. Good, not great speed. Evaluations from HS lauded his pass coverage abilities. It will be tough for him to adjust quickly to a new team but yes, it has to help that he spent the spring working in the 3-3-5.

He will probably be cross trained in a couple of safety positions.. Probably will be Barron’s backup at rover but Barron is only a junior. There might not be a window for him to play there. Guessing he ends up at boundary safety. Simmons is a senior. They could split playing time time this season and he could take over next year.

Guys like Martin, Oliver, Seabourn, Folk and Gould are all also fighting for playing time at safety and it is going to be a war just to win a spot on the two deep.

Anyone have any idea what players are playing what positions in the safety group right now?

Is Seabourn playing rover?

Is Martin playing free safety?

Is Oliver playing rover too? He was at one point last season…..

according to college football news, 7th best player on the team.

Nebraska Cornhuskers 10 Best Players​

1. Luke Reimer, LB Sr.
2. Jeff Sims, QB Jr.
3. Billy Kemp, WR Sr.
4. Quinton Newsome, CB Sr.
5. Isaac Gifford, S Jr.
6. Ben Scott, C Jr.
7. Myles Farmer, S Jr.
8. Arik Gilbert, TE Jr.
9. Malachi Coleman, WR Fr.
10. Princewill Umanmielen, EDGE, Fr.
2 and 3 are transfers from the ACC. No wonder they are struggling.

That was his 2nd violation since Rhule arrived though; the 1st was a DUI, which is far from minor. Winning is more important, and this kid is bigger/better than other safety alternatives, I guess. But, have that feeling of another Dino Babers bad judgment potentially; a la, hiring your son-in-law's father to coach quarterbacks, or bringing Taj Harris to ACC Media Days.
Oh ffs

I wouldn’t normally say this, but if he displaces a player who’s been competing hard for a spot at this late date, I do worry about impact on team chemistry. Again, I know it’s D1 football etc, but these late moves concern me a bit vs someone joining in the off-season or spring. Thoughts?
Yeah you and the guy above are the same guy, not even bothering to try to hide it

Really nice pickup, Babers for all his issues that drive me nuts (clock management/ penalties) has done a very good job of adding quality through the portal. Being able to bring in a guy of this caliber plus the other D pickups is a really good sign. Wish we could have gotten a transfer WR but hard not to be thrilled with what we added after losing two starters to the portal.

You can talk about every bad decision made by Dino. Or you can rely on the hirings of Tony White and Travis Fisher. Two successful coaches that coached Farmer and wanted him at Cuse.

That just means we didn’t have the talent we need to compete. You bring in all the talent you can get. i got the feeling they weren’t confident with their DB’s or depth with the late JUCO signings so this is like a xmas present in August

My opinion is that Rocky wants to play and rotate as many game-ready guys as possible. Keeps them fresh and lets them go 100% for 60 minutes.
Team got worn down 2nd half of the season. People wondered why there was a drop off. They are doing whatever it takes to have depth and be more prepared for the grind of the season. Clemson UNC FSU will be a tough stretch physically. You want to have fresher bodies going into the VT game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom